what to watch out for when buying new boots? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
13rian

Default what to watch out for when buying new boots?

hey, iv only bought boots ones and they were perfect the min i bought.
iv just bought new ones though, DC balanch or somthing, they were ok in the shop but wen riding a few hours my ankles really started to hurt.

my question is: will they eventually mold into a comfy shape? or should i get other ones.

and if i do get other ones: what should ik look out for?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
VinXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13rian View Post
hey, iv only bought boots ones and they were perfect the min i bought.
iv just bought new ones though, DC balanch or somthing, they were ok in the shop but wen riding a few hours my ankles really started to hurt.

my question is: will they eventually mold into a comfy shape? or should i get other ones.

and if i do get other ones: what should ik look out for?

thanks
Personally, even DC skate shoes would cause me pain in the morning, i'd get up out of bed, and could barely walk for the 1st 15 minutes, then when I stopped wearing DC skate shoes the pain went away. I don't know about boots, but my opinion is that DC is poor quality to begin with. Even with my Salomon F-22's, I had crushing ankle pain, I played around with my stance until the pain went away. Give 'em 10-12 riding days to pack out a bit.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Best advice for boots is all in the boot maint and buying guide. Lot of reading but some good info.
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/gen...ce-guides.html

Best advice is to wear the boots for a good amount of time. Walk around the store. Never assume your shoe size is the same as your snowboard boot size. I have two pairs of Burtons one is a size 9 and one is a 9.5. Make sure your toes touch the tip of the boot(but are not crammed in there) and do a bunch of squats to check for heel lift.

Not sure what kind of pain you are getting. Are you getting pains from rubbing or are the boots to soft or hard? Might be the boots do not have enough ankle support. J bars might help but to many factors to deal with. Could be needing some of those magical superfeet everyone talks about.

www.facebook.com/Gillyssnowboardshop

Last edited by B.Gilly; 03-17-2009 at 11:44 AM.
B.Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote