solution vs darkstar vs timeless vs freedom vs hero vs coast - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: best of a good bunch!
solution 2 25.00%
darkstar 3 37.50%
timeless 0 0%
freedom 0 0%
hero 2 25.00%
coast 1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2007, 06:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
erwyn

Default solution vs darkstar vs timeless vs freedom vs hero vs coast

hi guys, could I have your opinions on the best board out of the following??

rome solution 158
k2 darkstar 157
ride timeless 158
true freedom 156
bataleon hero 157
sapient coast 156

i'm 5"8 and my chin is 153cm high (when not wearing shoes) so I guess I should go for smth around 156? I'm intermediate and wanna spend more time trying out tricks and jumps than off-piste...

do you think there's that much difference between these boards or should I just go with the one I like the look of the best?!

and do you prefer flo or normal bindings?

cheers
Erwyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

How much do you weigh? Height isn't nearly as important as weight. Now don't get me wrong, height is important for stance width, but if you're 350lbs and 4'9", you wouldn't want a 145... your weight would break the board...get my drift? (and no, i'm not saying you're 350lbs... it's an example)

I'm 5'10", 135lbs. I ride a 147... that's because I'm a jibber, that's my favorite thing to do, so I bought a board for that. But if I was going to get a freeride board, I'd look for something much longer.

What are you planning on doing? Park, jibbing, freeride? Give us more info. Also, what's your boot size?

Last edited by alaric; 10-27-2007 at 11:10 AM.
alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
erwyn

I'm 160 lbs and shoe size 10.

wow, 147 is very small for someone your height. i do general pistes and those little mound jumps on the edge of the pistes, and try to do rails and parks when I get the chance. I do the occasional off-piste but am more interested in improving my freestyle and spending more time in the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaric
How much do you weigh? Height isn't nearly as important as weight. Now don't get me wrong, height is important for stance width, but if you're 350lbs and 4'9", you wouldn't want a 145... your weight would break the board...get my drift? (and no, i'm not saying you're 350lbs... it's an example)

I'm 5'10", 135lbs. I ride a 147... that's because I'm a jibber, that's my favorite thing to do, so I bought a board for that. But if I was going to get a freeride board, I'd look for something much longer.

What are you planning on doing? Park, jibbing, freeride? Give us more info. Also, what's your boot size?
Old 10-27-2007, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
st.stark

Yeah...I really can't vote until I know what you weigh and what you like to ride...(style-wise)
Old 10-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

It's WEIGHT that the emphasis should be put on, not height! And at your WEIGHT I'd go for a 151-153ish. Anything more, and that's when the length starts to work to your advantage for more freeride orientated things.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jhonyquest97

Quote:

Hell yea brotha, 147 kink for me. Most people aim a little high of the legnth wise.

As for the first poster, go with a 153 to 155!!
Old 11-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

153-156 depending on the company... also I'd stay away from the Solution, and Timeless as they're more freeride oriented... from those same brands I'd look at either the Rome Anthem or Agent...agent more FS. And from Ride maybe a DH or Agenda...
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
st.stark

...and I like regular bindings MUCH more than the flow setup, although honestly I haven't used their latest setups yet.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
山バーナー

Quote:
I'm 5'10", 135lbs.
. . . . coughskinnyassedfuckercough!

im jealous. me= 5'10, 170 lbs. Right on the edge of the 160 barrier. too bad my board is a 155, i should be fine though.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 山バーナー
. . . . coughskinnyassedfuckercough!

im jealous. me= 5'10, 170 lbs. Right on the edge of the 160 barrier. too bad my board is a 155, i should be fine though.

Yeah, I'm really skinny. I HAVE to eat constantly, or I'll die, in all seriousness. My metabolism is actually dangerously high, it's not cool.

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote