LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Singz

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
New Board Suggestions?

Hey everyone, what's up?

Im going off to college in Vermont next year, and Im looking to buy a new board that fits me better than what I have now. I like to do everything on the mountain including ride the park for a while, but Im not exactly an avid park rider. I am an intermediate rider, however Im looking for a board that will hopefully last me a while and also provide some stability at higher speeds.

Here are the problems. I am 6'1", 185 lbs. and have a size 12 boot. I know I need a wide board, but how wide should I go? Any suggestions on boards? I know its out of season and im really looking to spend anywhere from about 200-400 dollars. Thanks a lot.

Ps, I am pretty well fit so I am thinking that if I get a fairly flexible board, but maybe a little bit longer that It will serve me well and I will be able to handle it because of my strength? I was thinking a 163 K2 Darkstar wide? Let me know what you think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Blurrr

love me some darkstar, had an 06 and road the crap out of it, bought a hero, not as big of a fan. Good choice for what you are looking for, I would highly recommend it. I think I am going back to k2 next year with either a www, parkstar, jibpan.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
try and find this years Jibpan on sale in a 159. If you don't feel safe with the width then look for a CAPiTA Mid Life 158. Its a midwide. So at a size 12 it would be like riding a standard board on size 10's. Just the perfect width.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bataleon Riot. You'll shred in the park and all across the mountain. Plus TBT will be the best thing to happen to you since you discovered snowboarding .

09 Bataleon Evil Twin 155
08 Burton Cartels
08 DC Super Park BOA's

12+ years riding a plank down snow

Bataleon Evil Twin Review:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 10:33 PM
eWrecK

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja View Post
Bataleon Riot. You'll shred in the park and all across the mountain. Plus TBT will be the best thing to happen to you since you discovered snowboarding .
lol dark, alot of your posts i've noticed lately are you and promoting bataleons.

I just so happened to pick up an '08 riot , I'm really excited to try out the TBT and see what all of the fuss is about.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode