Salomon Lily or Burton Troop? Need good all mountain board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 05:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rach

Default Salomon Lily or Burton Troop? Need good all mountain board

Hey ppl, i need some help. Have been riding rental boards, bindings and boots for years and now got a bit of cash to get my own. I'm an intermediate rider looking to up my game and start learning in the park whilst still doing most of my riding on and off piste. Am looking for the best all mountain girls board for an intermediate rider, which will really hold up well at high speed on the piste, but will float well in powder and also enable me to learn in the park and get my technique started on kickers etc. However, i don't want something which will really kick my ass on the slope like perhaps a Burton Custom, Feelgood etc as i'm not sure i'm quite up to that standard yet.

Have so far been looking at the Burton Troop but went into a shop the other day and they started trying to push the Salomon Lily which i thought was more of a freestyle park board than All Mountain. My main concerns are the Troop might not perform well enough in the park to help me learn good, but the Lily would be too park specific and wouldnt perform well on the piste at high speed.

Does anyone have either and know? Or can anyone help suggest a wicked allrounder for the spec i have outlined? Is the Troop up to the job or is there something better out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

A friend of mine rode a Troop years back and love it and that was before Burton start loading up the Troop up with high tech material like carbon i beam and sintered base. The salomon lily however made the transworld good wood; Transworld Snowboarding Good Wood Board Test | Transworld Snowboarding so I don't know what to tell ya, they both seem to be good boards. What are the prices for them. I used to ride a Salomon Fastback and now I ride a Burton Dragon I can say I like my Dragon better but the Fastback was an old board that had cap sidewall construction so it's not a good comparison.
skunkworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

i don't think a feelgood would be out of your league. i demo'ed a feelgood last season and i think i was about your level. the board was awesome! held up really nicely at higher speeds... didn't chatter at all. before i got that board i was talking to the person working at the demo tent and told that it was a 'fast' board, but i didn't think it was too much to handle.

had my sights set on a feelgood till i discovered never summer. picked up a never summer infinity-r with the reverse camber and i won't look back! love it love it. feels very stable at higher speeds and i think the reverse camber will help me with ollies and such.
litebrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rach

Actually i hadn't thought of demoing them, that's a great idea, thanks. Hey i hadn't heard of neversummer before until very recently. Are they quite a new brand and are they really good or better to stick with the old makes?
Old 03-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
kMc

the never summer infinity-r is an awesome board, i have one and love it, it does great at speeds and ive just gotten into the park and it does well there too. presses are a breeze and it has good pop. never summer is a great brand, have a 3 year warranty on their boards, and are generally loved by people on this forum. they are very durable and are made very well.
kMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

yep cant say enough good things about never summer. they seem like a company that actually cares about making decent quality products.

if you look around for a 09 infinity-r there are some on sale... what size are you looking for?
litebrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rach

Hey thanks for the advice re Neversummer. I will see what i can check out with them. Was looking for about a 150-151. Can i ask for those of you riding the infinity r, what kind of level are you? Are you advanced riders? If so might the board be a bit too good for an intermediate like me!?
Old 04-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
kMc

i ride an infinity-r 151. i would say that im an intermediate rider. the board is great, definately not too much, but is still a board that i will be able to use for a long time. it really helped with my progression imo.

Last edited by kMc; 04-08-2009 at 09:51 AM.
kMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Resident poet

narrow skate banana
Old 04-09-2009, 04:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

jus curious...
i noticed over the past weeks, with all the new "all mtn board suggestions" threads, no one ever mention the custom...lol
________
Depakote class action

Last edited by w3iiipu; 08-21-2011 at 08:25 AM.
w3iiipu is offline   Reply With Quote