A little concernered about my binding purchase! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default A little concernered about my binding purchase!

Hey all,

I purchased some Forum Arenas recently. They haven't quite arrived yet but already I'm starting to worry they might be a bit too stiff for my riding style / board.

My board is a Forum Destroyer (yes, I like Forum) so it's medium flex. It's a great park board with some limits when it comes to freeriding. The Arenas however, are Forums stiffest binding. The reason I chose the Arenas over Forums mre flexible bindings such as the Republic or Faction is because I wanted a stiffer binding. But now I'm beginning to wonder if they are too stiff!

I do like responsive bindings. I don't like bindings that are too flexible. To me they feel cheap, and I like quick response when changes edges. But with my medium-flex board, the Arenas may not be the perfect match when it comes to jumps. I hardly do rails, but rails are something I wouldn't mind doing more of in the future. My current bindings are an old pair of Burton 2000 Custom Freestyles.

Thoughts?

Last edited by jardo56; 03-18-2009 at 09:10 PM.
jardo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2009, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jardo56 View Post
Hey all,

I purchased some Forum Arenas recently. They haven't quite arrived yet but already I'm starting to worry they might be a bit too stiff for my riding style / board.

My board is a Forum Destroyer (yes, I like Forum) so it's medium flex. It's a great park board with some limits when it comes to freeriding. The Arenas however, are Forums stiffest binding. The reason I chose the Arenas over Forums mre flexible bindings such as the Republic or Faction is because I wanted a stiffer binding. But now I'm beginning to wonder if they are too stiff!

I do like responsive bindings. I don't like bindings that are too flexible. To me they feel cheap. But with my medium-flex board, the Arenas may not be the perfect match.

Thoughts?
They will be fine.
I need a name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Got them today, installed them and took a quick step in them on the carpet in the living room. They are definitely a stiffer binding them my old Burtons, but they have nice nose to tail freedom, and man do they feel comfortable. I am especially excited to test out the gel cushioned baseplate for those hard landings! Gonna rip it up this weekend and see how they preform.
jardo56 is offline   Reply With Quote