NS Evo. . . . now what? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2007, 09:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
山バーナー

Default NS Evo. . . . now what?

After hours and hours spent (mostly) online and at a couple of shops trying to figure out what board I was going to buy, I finally settled on the NS Evo. I know there has been a lot of trash talk about NS (I dont know why, they make some amazing sticks) and especially how heavy they tend to be, but apparently some pretty major changes have taken place over the sumer. The Evo is light. . . and I mean properly light. Not quite to the extent that the Elan is, but close enough. Anyway, I'm really happy with my decision, but I am having some trouble deciding on a set of bindings. Initially I wanted the K2 auto, but then I was told how awesome cap straps are so I almost bought the Cartels, and then I realized how awesome some of the Union stuff is, and nearly bought the Data. Any suggestions? Obviously I am going to be in the park quite a bit, but I am definitely not going to spend all day there. Also, being a park board the Evo is naturally pretty soft, so I think a stiffer binding might be good just for responsiveness sake.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2007, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rome 390's, Union Data/Forces, Flow NXT FS. The Rome straps are dually's, which mean that you can use them as cap, or toe straps, and I have to say, I LOVE the material that they are made of.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
山バーナー

Likewise! It's good to know that there is someone on the forums who is from these parts. I just bought my pass to meadows (after intense deliberation. Afterall, this is supposed to be a awesome season, and Skibowl is the place to be when the snow is in abundance. On top of that you get Timberline with the same pass), so yeah! We should defientely hook up some time.

What kind of work do you do at Meadows? Ive been dreaming of moving to the mountain for winter break or something.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
st.stark

Nice looking board man!!! Yeah, I would definately check out the 390s if I were you.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
st.stark

Btw...what does the back side look like??
Old 10-31-2007, 05:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
mike1two

[QUOTE=山バーナー]Likewise! It's good to know that there is someone on the forums who is from these parts. I just bought my pass to meadows (after intense deliberation.

West Vancouver born and raised, Mt. Hood Meadows is where I spend most of my days!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
st.stark

Wow...I'm really likin the Fresh Prince Parody. LOL
Old 10-31-2007, 10:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
山バーナー

[QUOTE=mike1two]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 山バーナー
Likewise! It's good to know that there is someone on the forums who is from these parts. I just bought my pass to meadows (after intense deliberation.

West Vancouver born and raised, Mt. Hood Meadows is where I spend most of my days!
Nice! Im from Camas, actually. I just figured that if i put that in my profile information, no one would have any idea where it is.