stairmaster vs stairmaster extreme - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
mtkagan

Default stairmaster vs stairmaster extreme

okay so i know the differences between the two, just wanted to see your guys opinions on which board is better suited for me. Its been my first season and ive gone about 6 times. got riding and turning down. i can hit boxes, and still a bit sketchy on the rails, but im getting there. small kickers are okay too. ive been riding on a used 2006 k2 www 151 that i bought in MINT condition for 50 bucks from a buddy at the begining of the season. With all the great sales i wanted to pick up a board for next year. between the stairmaster and the extreme, which do you think is better suited towards me. i will be riding park primarily mostly jibs and kickers but i want to progress to bigger jumps next season. Im 5'8 150lbs, is a 152 good or can i go down to a 148 for easier spins?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2009, 10:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

It seems like the extreme would be the better choice if you were going to be using it all over the mountain evein if primarily park. Also, you can't go wrong w/ a sintered base unless you are exclusively hitting rails. I'm sure jmacphee will have a solid opinion on this as well.
Woosenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
desklamp

It was purely a question of money for me. If I had the cash I would've gone with the Extreme definitely, but I'm short on cash and beginner at park and for $200 or whatever it was for a Scaremaster it was a no brainer.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The extreme is essentially the stairmaster on steroids. Between the two, get the extreme. You'll be fine on either the 148 or 152.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
mtkagan

okay just ordered a stairmaster extreme 148 off evogear. with the x25 sale + free shipping , it came out to 187 shipped to my place =]. got my board for next season lol guess i gotta stare at it for 8 more months haha. quick question, the extreme has a sintered base, and i read that it is less durable than extruded bases. will i have problems of scratches? i like to hit boxes and rails..
Old 03-20-2009, 01:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

holy sheet, lucky bitch, i paid 250$ a month ago for mine but im still happy because ive got 5 days on it and its worth the 5 days i have on it to me lol, but you will like it. sintered is definetly stronger then extruded. the base capita uses is the strongest i have experienced and is stronger then burtons considerably.
the stairmaster extreme is the stairmaster version of the indoor living, which is a good wood. extreme never went to board testing either from what i hear because its limited in its release. same base, topsheet, and core minus carbon as the indoor and mid life.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants

Last edited by jmacphee9; 03-20-2009 at 02:00 AM.
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
mtkagan

yeah bro i woulda paid 60 bucks more to ride it 5 days. i got like 3 weeks left for my socal season so ill probably beat my k2www at the park trying to nail everything i can haha. im only bummed that the 148 is teal and pink or whatever. kinda looks fruity. i like the graphic and colors on the wide version, but i figure thats too wide for a sz 9 boot lol. so 148 should be fine for my 150lbs 5'8 frame right. i dont want this thing being too short
Old 03-20-2009, 02:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkagan View Post
yeah bro i woulda paid 60 bucks more to ride it 5 days. i got like 3 weeks left for my socal season so ill probably beat my k2www at the park trying to nail everything i can haha. im only bummed that the 148 is teal and pink or whatever. kinda looks fruity. i like the graphic and colors on the wide version, but i figure thats too wide for a sz 9 boot lol. so 148 should be fine for my 150lbs 5'8 frame right. i dont want this thing being too short
ok mine is teal and pink, yours is baby blue and melon. that hurts man. the colors on my board are sick lol, its def too wide for a size 9 though lol. nice choice on the 148 though, perfect for your weight. im 170-175ish lol and i ride the 152 nicely.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Nice pickup!! I'm sooooooo tempted to pick up the Extreme as well but having already dropped almost $1,000 in post season purchases, I just can't justify spending any more!! Ugggghhh...
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
snowdog

I was looking into the extreme until my gf said the graphics were a big no no. If I pick up the extreme I'll be sleeping with the board at night. Hmm, I think I made the wrong choice.