Shallow question - did board graphics influence your purchase? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shallow question - did board graphics influence your purchase?

I see some boards as art as well as equipment. I have to admit that I really dug the Travis Lib Technologies 08/09 graphics over the GNU CHB MTX GNU Snowboards: Carbon High Beam Series so I returned the GNU and picked up the Travis for $50Can more. The Travis also has a sintered base vs the Extruded base on the GNU so I think it was a good move.

So fess up - ever bought a board cause you liked the graphics?

And yes I thought the 08 Fun.Kink with the pork chart graphics was cool so I snagged one off ebay...for super cheap.

09 Bataleon Evil Twin 55
08 Bataleon Fun.Kink 53
08 Bataleon Enemy 61
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 07:51 AM
AAA

I've never bought a board for its looks. I look at board design, specs, and performance. If the graphics are reasonable, its a go. With that said, I won't buy an ugly board. Particularly if it has skulls, ganster graphics, or other such crap, I'm not buying.
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 07:51 AM
danmyersmn

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I bought a bataleon jam yesterday and I think it has some of the ugliest graphics I have ever seen.
post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAA View Post
I've never bought a board for its looks. I look at board design, specs, and performance. If the graphics are reasonable, its a go. With that said, I won't buy an ugly board. Particularly if it has skulls, ganster graphics, or other such crap, I'm not buying.
I can agree - there was a lib tech trs I think for a good price on the classified section (now sold soI guess I can talk about it) but the graphics were kinda demonic and altho I'm no religious fanatic, I couldn't get past them. It had banana and magnetraction and I was really tempted to try it out. And a local store has a Lib Tech Skunk Ape for a STEAL, but those graphics are really strange- the devil pitchforking a skull with a nekkid chick on the base Lib Technologies 08/09 and I didn't want the wife divorcing me...

09 Bataleon Evil Twin 55
08 Bataleon Fun.Kink 53
08 Bataleon Enemy 61
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 08:16 AM

in my opinion i think everyone looks at the design just a little bit in determining their board but looking at the design would be my last thing i look at before choosing like other posts above i look at how the board is designed, performance, etc.
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 08:37 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAA View Post
+1 Good graphics are like a side of fries with the main course.
The only graphics that would keep me from buying is the stupid 'gangsta' shit.
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Agreed - the board has to have the right specs to suit the purpose and that is rule # 1. To be clear, the only board that I bought purely for the graphics and don't intend to use is the 09 Burton Love and I waited until it was %50 off to snag it. I thought it was a nervy move for Burton and was a nice piece.

The other boards I got were spec'd properly for what I wanted performance wise, but in some cases I liked the old graphics better so sought the old models out. And they were also bought on sale - except for the Bataleon Evil Twin which I got due to the specs and reviews and has proven to be an excellent board. The crazy smiley face is cool as well.

09 Bataleon Evil Twin 55
08 Bataleon Fun.Kink 53
08 Bataleon Enemy 61
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 08:45 AM

Looks like I do pretty much the same thing. I start with the right size and shape and then kind of go for there. I did buy an Arbor westmark though even though it isn't exactly what i wanted cause of the graphics haha. The topsheet is just too sweet.
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbesp View Post
Looks like I do pretty much the same thing. I start with the right size and shape and then kind of go for there. I did buy an Arbor westmark though even though it isn't exactly what i wanted cause of the graphics haha. The topsheet is just too sweet.

Arbors are damn classy looking - very nice!!!

09 Bataleon Evil Twin 55
08 Bataleon Fun.Kink 53
08 Bataleon Enemy 61
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 08:52 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Graphics to me are the last part of the decision. Once I narrow it down as far as I can I just pick the one I like the best.

The season is almost upon us!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode