Help with boots - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
sucrets

Default Help with boots

Hey guys, I'm going to need your advice on boots.

Here's the story:

I have a pair of Burton Moto that I bought 4 years ago. While they were really snug at first this last year they seem to be much looser causing a lot of pain. I started wearing double and sometimes triple socks to compensate for the packing of the boots. The last few times I went I have been feeling extreme pain (can't even finish a single run from the top of th emountain without stopping for a rest) at the following points circled on the image:

At first I thought it might have been an insole issue. So I went to the shop and they measured my arch. They said it is larger than the average person and an insert would be a good idea. So I bought myself a pair of superfeets (Superfeet Green Insoles | Foot Galaxy). While they do provide more support the pain is still there. I also tried to play around with my bidnings and stance currently ride 7 degrees forward on front and 3 degrees backward (slightly duck footed) on the back leg. Again, the pain was still there. So I decided to get a new pair.

My questions to you are:
1. Any brands/models you'd recommend? I am mainly a freerider in his 4th year, so I am about intermediate.
2. Do you have any idea what is the cause of the pain in those areas? That would help me decide what type of boot to buy.
3. What do you think of snowboarding with double pairs of socks?
4. Do you think a stiffer boot will cause less pain? Or vice versa?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Just go to your local shop and try everything you can on and get what feels the most comfortable.
Also you need bindings that have soft straps, that will help.
Matuuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

look for a boot fitter around ur area...

i had a size 9.5 left foot and a much smaller size right foot. So my right boot is a lot larger and have a lot of rooms for my leading foot to move around which eventually caused pain after riding all day.
So i took it in to the nearby certified boot fitter and they managed to fix it as well as cutting out some foam around a unusually large bone around my foot to relieve the pressure point.
________
Vaporizerinfo.Com

Last edited by w3iiipu; 08-21-2011 at 08:19 AM.
w3iiipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Boots inevitable pack out over time. You're definitely overdue for new boots.

Matuuh's advice is correct. Try on as many boots as you can to find the perfect fit.
markee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
fuzzysnowboard

Your boots are probably to old. (Also peoples feet can change over time. Maybe you should go to a official foot doctor(I forget the proper name..) and ask them about it)
Old 03-23-2009, 02:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

I think some insoles are a good idea.

I generally have foot pain because of my previously broken foot. looking to buy some insoles for sure.
YanTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
13rian

if you ride alot id spend abit more on boots then motos.. when buying boots you shouldnt look at the price until your at the counter.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
sucrets

What about the stiffness levels guys? Will getting a stiffer boot reduce the pain?

I never had this pain when I first got these boots. It only started to hurt this year.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You've had the boots for 4 years. The foam cushioning is pretty much done for which is probably one of the reasons for the pain. It's time for you to get new boots.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5R View Post
You've had the boots for 4 years. The foam cushioning is pretty much done for which is probably one of the reasons for the pain. It's time for you to get new boots.
Exactly. Two seasons out of a pair of boots is a long time. Mine generally last a season and half to two seasons. I've usually put 10-20 days too many on them by that time. You need new boots.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote