The best all mtn board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 29
Default The best all mtn board

Looking for a new board. I'm 5'11 200lbs. Mostly do freeride with a few jumps and kickers on my way down. Which is the best all mtn board, burton hero, custom x, or the never summer sl-r? Or if you know of another that surpasses all of these, please suggest them.

Thanks
Bigblue280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-24-2009, 11:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Flick Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Beech Grove, Indiana *sigh*
Posts: 4,168
Default

Can't say I've used any of those. But you might consider the Rome Design. I ride mountain and do occasional jumps on the way. It works great for me.
__________________
Zombie Nation
Gear:
Rome Design 165 / Rome Arsenals
Rome Anthem 158
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rocketbass88
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Lib Tech T. Rice MTX or the NS SL-R.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
TIPSY
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
Can't say I've used any of those. But you might consider the Rome Design. I ride mountain and do occasional jumps on the way. It works great for me.
I ride with Rome "Agent Snowboard", and Burton "primo snowboard". Graphicwise i would roll Rome more often, but the Primo will definitely crack the park more.

I'd recommend Agent if you aim for mountain and park without switching boards. other boards are way out of my league.

Though, agent freestyle, so i don't really think it fits the topic-name. But i still recommend Rome boards!

Last edited by TIPSY; 03-25-2009 at 02:21 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
13rian
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPSY View Post
I ride with Rome "Agent Snowboard", and Burton "primo snowboard". Graphicwise i would roll Rome more often, but the Primo will definitely crack the park more.

I'd recommend Agent if you aim for mountain and park without switching boards. other boards are way out of my league.

Though, agent freestyle, so i don't really think it fits the topic-name. But i still recommend Rome boards!
im not sure why your telling us that cause it hasnt got anything to do with this tread.

rome anthem and design(rome's vapor)are great boards, custom x is sick too.
i cant say which is "better", but youll have to get EST bindings for the custom x so id probly go for the anthem.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 378
Default

out of the list you have
i would pick ns sl-r then the burton hero
iKimshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Flick Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Beech Grove, Indiana *sigh*
Posts: 4,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13rian View Post
rome anthem and design(rome's vapor)are great boards, custom x is sick too.
i cant say which is "better", but youll have to get EST bindings for the custom x so id probly go for the anthem.
+1

I have an Anthem as well. It's great on groomers and late season crud. It would probably be a great one for you as well.
__________________
Zombie Nation
Gear:
Rome Design 165 / Rome Arsenals
Rome Anthem 158
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Triple8Sol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,056
Blog Entries: 2
Default

For all mountain, imo: Bataleon Jam, Arbor Element, Arbor Coda, Never Summer SL-R, LibTech TRS BTX
__________________
15 NS Ripsaw . 14 NS Proto HD . 14 NS Cobra . 13 Gnu Space Case EC2 . 2013 Salomon Pow Snake
14 Now Drive . 13 Now IPO
14 Flow Hylite
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums