Burton Love (pun intended) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 09:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
iamthailand

Default Burton Love (pun intended)

Let's give Burton some love for once....

What are the best Burton boards out there in the following categories:

- freestyle

- freeride (not including the Vapor)

- begeinner/progression
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
co loco

All mountain I would probably go with next year's Uninc replacement, the Easy Living. I'm not a big fan of Burton boards, but I really enjoyed that one for sure.

I really don't like anything Burton has to offer in the pure freestyle realm. The Fix is too stiff and just feels dead, the Dominant is decent, and the Hero is alright, but I'd rather be one of the other sweet jib boards on the market, like the K2 WWW, Rome Artifact, Ride Kink; there are so many great freestyle and jib boards on the market right now, there isn't much reason to go with B.

I'm a huge fan of the Malolo for powder and packed powder freeride conditions, and the new models with the S-rocker are fantastic. Just enough taper to sit back in powder, but still super stable at speed on groomers. With the Vapor out of the picture, my next pick would be the Custom-X, but that sucker is stiff.

For progression, I don't think enough good can be said about Burton's LTR system. Sure they aren't perfect, but they're soft, and better than most beginner boards available in rental shops; the quick-discs are a dream when dealing with rentals in lessons. The kids LTRs with the convex base (toe-to-heel) and reverse camber are amazing to teach with, you can get 3-year-olds up and ripping so much easier.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rocketbass88

I hope you're not creating this thread to figure out which BURTON ONLY board to buy... there are plenty of good snowboard companies out there, don't trap yourself into the most popular.

If not... disregard. I just see a lot of new kids thinking "If I don't get Burton, I won't be cool", which is FAAAAAAAAAR from it.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
iamthailand

Haha not at all. Other companies get a lot of love in this forum while Burton doesn't quite get that much love. Just thought I'd see how their lineup is.

Considering Rome spawned from Burton and the Solution (my board) was modeled after the old Custom, it piqued my interest in Burton as well.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Why does Burton need a thread about love? They aren't exactly tanking or anything. Clearly, plenty of people like them enough to make them the snowboarding giant they are.

I don't personally use any of their stuff, but you wouldn't catch me dead on a board with chunky 90's playboy models almost naked on the bottom.

Sorry to piss in your coffee, btw.
Rome Anthem 158
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

they do have good boards though, i loved my old royale and i still have it laying around...
there free ride boards get great reviews like the malalo and supermodel, the hero is always being discussed as well as the custom. other then the dom i feel like there freestyle decks are really lacking. with the hero and the dominant being the only real possibly jib boards its rather unfortunate when they have such a large lineup. from what i hear the fix and condom are a huge joke..
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote