Palmer Burn - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 07:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Shdwoflyte

Default Palmer Burn

Does anyone have this board? Or has used it in the past? I just bought one thinking that I can use it as an all mountain board (as it says on the board...all mountain freestyle) but most reviews on the internet say that it is a freestyle board? Did I make a mistake getting it? Should I look into getting a different board?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2007, 04:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Traynor2501

When your talking Snowboarding... to me There are three different types of boards (wait for it im gonna get flamed for this).

Park/Pipe boards = well Pipe/Park maybe a little bit of the mountain too

Freestyle = All-mountain : Pretty much the same at least I've found it that way. Both my Anthem and Timeless say they're all-mountain and they're great for popping off tricks, while doing some good carving, and they're both okay in the Back country. My ride prophet I bought from this dude that said it was All-Mountain and its more of a Freestyle oriented with some Pipe/Park traits thrown in there.

Freeride = I actually have no clue what this actually means. I think that it means someone who just likes to Speed down the hills/Carve and loves the Pow and Backcountry. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

it looks like your board is meant for just doing a little bit of everything on the mountain, just more oriented for quick tricks and shit. I've never ridden a palmer but I wouldn't worry too much about it. You already bought it, try it out before you go and waste more money, I've ridden multiple seasons on a bad selection mainly cause I was poor but also because I didn't want to have to waste the money on a mistake.

Hope this all makes sense

Enjoy the silence and peace!!