Rate My Setup - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 06:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
minimoise009

Default Rate My Setup

Rome Agent 152
Ride Contraband XL
Mid-flex Boot

will this be able to handle all of the mountain, like a little bit of everything but mainly park.

Height 5 ft 6
Weight 126 lbs
Boot 10/10 1/2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2009, 06:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Boot make/model? It IS the most important piece of equipment.
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
minimoise009

this is what im planning on getting havent got a boot yet was just going to get a mid flex one, any suggestions?
Old 03-26-2009, 06:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

You NEED to read the 'boot fitting guidelines' sticky post in this subforum. Boots are just that damn important, the best board in the world doesn't mean shit if you're in too much foot pain to ride it. My suggestion is to go to the biggest local board store you'e got and just keep trying pairs on. Better yet, if you've got a place with a real professional boot fitter, go there. Bring your board with you, put the boot on, strap in, and stand there for 10 minutes to make sure you're not going to be in a ton of pain. Any shop with any self respect will see you through this process if it means a sale. Don't listen to any snowpunk employee, most have no idea what they're talking about and will just tell you whatever you want to hear to make a sale. At any rate, I went from Burton Moto to Vans Cirro, both are mid-flex boots.

If you're a beginner, a Moto will do you and your wallet just fine, but you're going to want something better if/once you get experience. I'm plenty pleased with my Cirro boots. It makes me shudder to say it, but I've heard plenty of good things about Burton boots as well. I've heard both good and shitty things about DC and 32 boots.
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

check out celsius, vans, 32, dc. i would say if your heart is set on contrabands then you need the bindings first. i have heard compatability issues with them. they are also a pretty strict park bindings...
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
minimoise009

which would you say is better the contrabands or the 390's i mainly do park but abit of all mountain, was looking at the contrabands because they are quicker to strap in and have heard good things about them
Old 03-26-2009, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i would love me a pair of contrabands, but i would get the 390s if i only had one setup. if i had 2 or 3 set ups i would get the contrabands. i think they would be a much better choice for you. not raggin on the contrabands whatsoever but i think there is a higher chance that you will be dissapointed with them and a 0% chance you will be dissapointed with the 390s, they are some of the best binders out.

390s are also better for that bit of all mt that you plan on doing i am led to believe. i have heard from owners of contrabands that love them but say they would not take them out of the park..
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants

Last edited by jmacphee9; 03-26-2009 at 09:35 AM.
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

my friend had to return his contraband coz it doesnt fit with his 32 lashed boot.
________
HornyPussy4u cam

Last edited by w3iiipu; 08-21-2011 at 08:22 AM.
w3iiipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Id go with K2 autos, they are good all mountain, and still awesome park bindings, real quick entry. or union forces, feels like your strapping your foot into a pillow.

It all depends what you want, I commonly refer those two bindings because after doing alot of research and looking around I thought those would be the best for me and I love them.

The K2's can be adjusted to have no forward lean, and the unions farthest highback setting is still a little forward, not as bad as cartels but still noticeable. both are great bindings

Honestly, whats with all this quick entry stuff though? its like Ill settle for a mediocre system because I can get in 2 seconds faster. like you cant make the two seconds up anyway

Last edited by RidePowder; 03-26-2009 at 10:25 AM.
RidePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3iiipu View Post
my friend had to return his contraband coz it doesnt fit with his 32 lashed boot.
What size are your friend's boots? I have Contrabands in size L, and 32 Lashed in size 11.5. No problems. I wrote an extensive review, and like JMac said, I love my Contrabands.... for jibbing.

Did your friend take the time to set up the binders? It will take a good hour or so setting them up, and then a little more fine-tuning on the hill. Well worth it though.

I just can't seem to shake the shackles of the City boy Blues
$Lindz$ is offline   Reply With Quote