08 Setup - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 10:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
stunterguy

Default 08 Setup

So I just received my new setup, just trying to get some info/feedback on what you guys think and any tips anyone might have.

Atomic Alibi 159

Burton Mission bindings

Salomon F22 boots
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2007, 11:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
MRWINTER

Talking umm

ive got the f-22s from about 2 or 3 seasons ago and theyre alright, kinda stiff, and the waterproofing kinda faded on em but they are good overall and can ge real tight so thats good, as for the burtons missions im not much a fan i broke my 05 t6 in 12 days of real riding, my friend snapped his mission high backs on a chairlift when he was loading, my burton pants shattered, my c16 high backs are cracked in about 5 days in, had some burton freestyle bindings for my rock board and all but the baseplates have been replaced on those, and on top of it everything ive sent back under warranty has come back still broken or i have to pay to fix it because of this or that, so im kinda down on burton, and the atomic boards ive heard good and bad things, my friend who rides for them says they are sick, but my friend who just rides their boards has broken 3 so idk on that one hope it all works out for you tho lemme kno end of the season how everything is workin.
i like the never summers, they are heavy but the pop and durability cant be beat from my experience and they ride like a wakeboard so thats fun. right now im ridin a 55 bananna lib with some old as soloman bindings, a 56 head matrix with some agencys, still got the old broken 61 burton for big mountain cause its huge and they charged me 50 bucks to fix that shit but i fuckin baby it now that i kno how much of a POS it is and the trusty old 58 NS evo for when i cant decide what part of the mtn i wanna ride, or to thrash the whole thing
Old 10-30-2007, 08:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Do the boots fit you? If they do, then you've got a kick ass set up right there!
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

burton bindings=junk. sure they perform, but pick up any other brand of binding and look at the two next to eachother and feel the materials. the burtons feel like they are made like a childs toy.
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
stunterguy

thanks for all the info guys.

yes the boots fit very well, i almost got the malamutes but opted for the f22's instead.

I've heard of a bunch of people snapping their highbacks getting on the lift but there is a very easy solution to that...just fold em down real quick before u get on
Old 10-30-2007, 06:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
djcuba908

If Burton Bindings are junk, then why are they one of the top selling brands in the industry and why are they endorsed and used by a significant number of pro riders? Burton doesn't use metal in any of their bindings because it reduces the overall weight of the binding, and is less prone to bending or warping like metal bindings. This however, is not to say that companies that use metal in their bindings are poor quality. Bottom line is, there are tons of binding choices out there to match each riders style and skill level, and each company has different tech principles that they stand by in order to accomplish those goals.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcuba908
If Burton Bindings are junk, then why are they one of the top selling brands in the industry and why are they endorsed and used by a significant number of pro riders? Burton doesn't use metal in any of their bindings because it reduces the overall weight of the binding, and is less prone to bending or warping like metal bindings. This however, is not to say that companies that use metal in their bindings are poor quality. Bottom line is, there are tons of binding choices out there to match each riders style and skill level, and each company has different tech principles that they stand by in order to accomplish those goals.
They market their products well...they market their products VERY well. IMO, to use all plastic is great for reducing binding weight, but also makes for a much, much, much weaker binding. Like wise with all metal bindings, while they are "durable" in that highbacks and baseplates don't snap, they're more prone to freezing and warping in the more extreme colds.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
djcuba908

I totally agree...Burton markets their equipment very well, I mean they are probably the most well known name in the industry to riders and non-riders alike. Like I said, each company has different reasons for the materials they use, and no one company has all the answers. I wouldn't be riding my Burton Missions if I was hitting big backcountry in Whistler, but I ride small mountains in Jersey and PA and the temp never gets below 15-20 degrees for most of the season (and even thats on the low side), so I'm not worried about equipment freezing up. I have a friend who I regard with a high level of knowledge and skill in snowboarding and he swears by Nitro bindings (aka Raidens) which have never broke or warped and he rides all types of conditions.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
sheldon

i have some burton missions from '06 they basically haven't changed since then design wise and they are sick easily binding i have ridden, and haven't had any breaks or problems, so i guess everyone has their own opinion.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
foxman94

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrwilco View Post
burton bindings=junk. sure they perform, but pick up any other brand of binding and look at the two next to eachother and feel the materials. the burtons feel like they are made like a childs toy.
Guess it doesn't matter that they have a lifetime warranty on those materials. And I've had the cartels for 2 years and their holding strong even with all 250 lbs I board with.