K2 Indy Binding Adjustments - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
snaplok

Default K2 Indy Binding Adjustments

This might sound like a "you should know better" kind of thread, but I'm having issues trying to adjust the K2 Indy bindings properly. I'm pairing them with the Burton Moto and trying to figure out how to adjust the toe ramp, the highbacks foward lean, and the a=a= measurements. The instructions that came with the bindings aren't a big help, so I figure someone here must have some experience with them. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I don't know what the Indy bindings look like, but here is some generic help with what you need to do:

Toe ramp: look at the underside of the base plate and there should be a screw that you need to take off or some clips which you need to compress in order for you to release/extend the toe ramp for extension

Forward lean: On the back of the high back there will be a lever which you should be able to "open" and turn counter-clockwise to loosen. Slide the adjuster up/down until you get the lean you want and then reverse the earlier steps to tighten.

I don't know WTF a=a= is.

Or, if you can't do it, just take it back to your store and have them adjust it for you.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm pretty sure the Indy's toe ramp is toolless (if not, there should be some screw), but there are two plastic pins, one on either side of the footbed width-wise toeside. Push those down, slide the toe ramp out, push the pins back.

As for FLAD, there's the lever in the back. It works in conjunction with the highback/heelcup screws. You can also loosen the highback/heelcup screws, rotate the overmold nut a bit (it has a ladder on it that hooks up to the highback) and screw it back down tight. Those same screws control highback rotation depending on which heelcup hole you screw them into.

All in all they're pretty simple to adjust.

And yeah wtf is an a=a=
markee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
snaplok

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5R View Post
I don't know what the Indy bindings look like, but here is some generic help with what you need to do:

Toe ramp: look at the underside of the base plate and there should be a screw that you need to take off or some clips which you need to compress in order for you to release/extend the toe ramp for extension

Forward lean: On the back of the high back there will be a lever which you should be able to "open" and turn counter-clockwise to loosen. Slide the adjuster up/down until you get the lean you want and then reverse the earlier steps to tighten.

I don't know WTF a=a= is.

Or, if you can't do it, just take it back to your store and have them adjust it for you.
lol the a=a= is in the instructions, it's supposed to mean you get your toe and heel equal and then you're not . Feels like a Carpenter's song.

Thanks btw, that explains it better than the pictures on the instructions.

Last edited by snaplok; 03-27-2009 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Not complete