K2 WWW Sizing? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
minimoise009

Default K2 WWW Sizing?

ts says you can drop your board 5 cm short of what you usually ride so does that mean that you have to or can? also does it mean if you usually ride you should get a 145 etc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2009, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

you can drop 5cm in size with the www because(example)the 148 has the same effective edge as most 152-153's, all they did was make the nose and tail shorter. checkout the specs
return2heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

yeah, look at the effective edges. alot of brands do this not just K2, k2 just markets it alot. like the capita stairmaster has the same thing really, longer effective edges for a smaller board
twin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The way to read the marketying ploy is, you can drop 5cm in size from your all mountain board. I ride a 154 for all mountain, So I'd ride a 149, or 148 cause there is no 149. But thats a good guess on most park boards from anyone. I had a 148 Scare for Park. Thats all very generaly though, a more detailed look at what a person wants to ride and their weight will give a good shop kid a very good idea what that person should be on. If you ever go somewhere looking for a board and the employee holds up the board to you, and figures its a good size cause it comes up to your chin, smack the employee and leave.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

What it means is just check their weight to size ratios, and then get the board that you fall within.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
keabler

The longer effective edge just means that a k2 www 48 will ride better than another 48 with out the longer effective edge. As far as all mountain goes you want to go with our normal size because all mountain includes powder and you dont want to be stuck on a short board in pow even if it is a rocker (you will have a hard time keeping your nose up and 'floating' on the pow). If all your going to do is ride jib then I would deff go with the shorter one because it will make spinning a little easier, and getting into presses will be less awkward (aka you dont have to slam as much nose into the rail before your foot hits the rail on nose presses), and if u want to ride trannys and jib dont get the www, is to soft and if the tranny board you decide on has a 'longer' effective edge go with the board that fits you because the longer deck will have better pop for your size.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
The way to read the marketying ploy is, you can drop 5cm in size from your all mountain board. I ride a 154 for all mountain, So I'd ride a 149, or 148 cause there is no 149. But thats a good guess on most park boards from anyone. I had a 148 Scare for Park. Thats all very generaly though, a more detailed look at what a person wants to ride and their weight will give a good shop kid a very good idea what that person should be on. If you ever go somewhere looking for a board and the employee holds up the board to you, and figures its a good size cause it comes up to your chin, smack the employee and leave.
what he said, dont go off your 152 park board into a 147 lol....it is based off your all mt board you may have noticed that park boards have a squashed tail compared to an all mt board.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote