Anyone ride Arbor - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone ride Arbor

Does anyone here ride an Arbor board?
Normally I wouldn't pick out a board based on it's appearance, but after looking at several Arbors, I really love their styling and artwork across the lineup. Anyway, What's your experience with these boards been?

Arbor Coda 158
Rome Crail 159
Ride EX
Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would never buy a board based upon its looks, but Arbor makes good boards. I'm considering buying one myself.
Rome Anthem 158
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rocketbass88

I've never ridden one, myself, but I've heard they make really good freeride boards, but not so much park boards. Wish I had more insight, but that's all I've heard.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
I would never buy a board based upon its looks, but Arbor makes good boards. I'm considering buying one myself.
Yeah, I hear you. I'd never use appearance as the sole factor in deciding.

Arbor Coda 158
Rome Crail 159
Ride EX
Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

I love my Arbor Westmark 59 and I ride 90% park. Good flex and pop, but not over the top flexible like some might want for park riding (I could have afforded to go shorter). I'm confident it will handle huge booters. I've heard random complaints about durability issues, but I've been really hard on mine and it's still all good. I recommend Arbor for sure.
Dave Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I ride an Arbor, as does my husband. I would say they are very high quality boards overall. My husband has the Roundhouse and loves it - he finds it very responsive in the trees, it holds a great edge, is super fast, and is solid in powder. He rides it pretty hard and has had no issues at all.

I'm not sure if others would agree, but I find that Arbors are stiffer than similar boards from other manufacturers. I bought the Eden (Arbor's women's progression board) expecting it to be a good board to learn on, but found it too stiff to turn easily, so it has been retired until I can be a more aggressive rider. The Roundhouse, and a lot of their all-mountain or freeride boards are extremely stiff as well. I don't know much about Arbor's park boards.

Beyond that, Arbors are just beautiful pieces of art. Random strangers comment on my husband's Roundhouse all the time. We board at Mt. Hood and people who ride Arbors notice other Arbors on the mountain - like there's some kind of brand kinship or something. I've had many a conversation with other Arbor riders as we've strapped in at the top of a run, talking about our boards and how much we like them. It's kind of weird, actually.

So yeah, Arbors are probably not for everyone, but are certainly quality and worth consideration.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
SnowBun

Arbors have amazing design and artwork, and from what I hear they're pretty damn awesome to ride as well