390/Targa - how different are they? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 11:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 390/Targa - how different are they?

I know there are already a metric crap ton of threads about these bindings, but I'm curious to know from those who have ridden both just how different or similar they are. If the flex charts on Rome's site are to be believed they're identical side to side, Targas one notch stiffer toe to heel, and from one notch stiffer to 3 notches softer from heel to toe. The 390 seems to get billed as the park binding of the two, but by the numbers the targa appears only marginally stiffer when set up to it's stiffest setting, and noticeably softer (heel to toe) when set up that way. For those who have ridden both, are they really that different from each other, particularly if Targas are set up to their stiffest settings?
buggravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2009, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
thomas.s.miller

ok so i have the targas, and my friend has the 390s, we both had the same board so here is what i got to say.the targas to me are amazing!super custamizable, super cushy, and super responsive.the high back is much stiffer and maybe a lil bit taller then the 390s.the straps are not the same tho.the 390 ankle strap is so unbelievably padded, the toe strap is the same as the one on the targa.the targas have the c flex inserts so it isnt as cushy, but its still really good.at the lowest setting, on the side to side, and toe side response is 3, the heelside is still 8.390s have the auto open strap only on the ankle strap.targa has it on both.i took the targa cause im more free ride, but if your more park, go for the 390s.both really solid bindings for sure.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
13rian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.s.miller View Post
ok so i have the targas, and my friend has the 390s, we both had the same board so here is what i got to say.the targas to me are amazing!super custamizable, super cushy, and super responsive.the high back is much stiffer and maybe a lil bit taller then the 390s.the straps are not the same tho.the 390 ankle strap is so unbelievably padded, the toe strap is the same as the one on the targa.the targas have the c flex inserts so it isnt as cushy, but its still really good.at the lowest setting, on the side to side, and toe side response is 3, the heelside is still 8.390s have the auto open strap only on the ankle strap.targa has it on both.i took the targa cause im more free ride, but if your more park, go for the 390s.both really solid bindings for sure.
i agree with everything he sed.. BUT i ride 09 targas and 09 390s but when iv got the targas on the softest setting i bairly notice a diffrance. if you wouldnt tell me which bindings i was riding, i wouldnt even te able to tell the diffarnce..
Old 03-30-2009, 06:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Only major difference if flex and ankle strap.
I need a name is offline   Reply With Quote