Artifact? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Artifact?

in my never ending search for nxt seasons board i have really found that i like jumps, and basic park stuff as well as presses/butters. Though next season i don't see myself doin jumps bigger than like 20 ft. and so i was wondering what size of jump would the artifact be sketchy on?

my main concern is the softness being a problem on some mellow groomers and some smallish/ med jumps

Im 135-140 lbs and 6'0
ridding a 156 agent (i have to be like 2ft over the nose/tail to press this thing but i can bomb pretty much every run with no stability problems)

(i ride snow summit/bear, just bought my season pass! =)
twin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2009, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Snow-4-Ever

Ya my guess would be that it starts to sketch at about 25 or 30 footers. I think you will be fine if 20 is the biggest you think you will hit.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
keabler

unless u want to ride only jib I wouldn't go with an artifact. If u wana stick with Rome go with the agent. But personally if u want somehing that jibs great and will stomp trannys look into the K2 jibpan.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have an artifact. I'd say they get sketchy on jumps around 30 ft.
EmoParkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
13rian

artifact is a great jib board, its ok on jumps to aslong as there not to big.
capita stair master is actually quite good for jumps aswel..
Old 04-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the only problem is a jibpan would be over kill for me, too stiff for sure. cause im so light i can barely press an agent..., but i was wondering if at my wieght would a 148 or 152 stairmaster be too stiff cause i hear that they are on the stiffer end of the jib boards
Old 04-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
keabler

I think you just need to get use to it I weigh 127 and I have no problems pressing it even though i normally ride a weapon rocker. My main beef with the artifact is that its edges have no hold because they are bronze. The bronze edges on an artifact are super lose feeling so its hard to hold an edge into a tranny which is pretty important for just about any spin. In my opinion its not that its to soft its just that the edges dont hold very well. Don't get me wrong a softer board will deff make landing harder but if you dont plan on stomping any 60 or 50 footers I think you will b allright with a slightly softer than average tranny deck.

I dont know much about capita other than my friend says the delam easy (wont condone or support capita because I have no personal experience and dont know about their construction), but if you got the money a skate banana will jib and stop trannys beautifully. A rocker will normally be a little stiffer, but still press well because they are rocked so if I were you I would deff take a good look into rockers.

I know never sumer is commen with a new rocker and signal has a couple but the park rocker is super super soft, and their like rocker is a twin directional and is pretty stiff. Basically im just saying that all rockers are not created equal. The skate banana is one that would work well for what you want, the www rocker is probably to soft, the burton party rocker (new for next year) is probably to stiff for what you want.

Since you want to ride trannys I would look for a sintered base, true twin, and probably a stiffer torsional flex.

hope this helps
Old 04-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

everyone always discounts the Graft from Romes line. It's really a great board to ride, lets you butter and still holds an edge great. It's really the middle ground between the Agent and an Artifact. If your looking to stick with Rome I suggest putting little bit of thought towards the Graft.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

my only prob with the signal boards and evo boards is they seem to have specially tiny waist widths which don't work so well with my 10.5 boot size, the stairmaster, artifact, and graft seem good though. my only problem with the banana is that i am on a budget and it is not the cheapest board on the market. i usually wait til the end of the season to get my boards so i can have em at like 50% off, but the banana sells out so u pretty much have to buy it at ful price.

k2 seems to also have very narrow waist widths, cause otherwise i would go with the 148 weapon, but im unsure if the waist width will cut it for me
Old 04-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ive got a 152 weapon if your interested