Ride Zeta vs Rome Madisons 08/09 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
phylisss

Default Ride Zeta vs Rome Madisons 08/09

thinking about buying a pair of these while they're on sale...
which is better and why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2009, 09:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Trace63

My gf just got the Madisons and loves them.

Other than that Im a total Rome slut and a customer for life. Their customer service has treated me like a king every single time.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

The Rome Madison is a pretty heavy binding. It seems to me that most, if not all, of the Rome bindings are made out of pretty heavy materials... sure looks like metal to me, but maybe it's some composite metal look-a-feel-a-like.

I swear my wife's Rome Lo-Fi 147 w/Rome Madison bindings is heavier than my Arbor Westmark 159 w/Flux Super Titan bindings.
Dave Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
phylisss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace63 View Post
My gf just got the Madisons and loves them.

Other than that Im a total Rome slut and a customer for life. Their customer service has treated me like a king every single time.

yeh i hear great things about them.. just wish that they would have made more than one size!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
phylisss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Legacy View Post
The Rome Madison is a pretty heavy binding. It seems to me that most, if not all, of the Rome bindings are made out of pretty heavy materials... sure looks like metal to me, but maybe it's some composite metal look-a-feel-a-like.

I swear my wife's Rome Lo-Fi 147 w/Rome Madison bindings is heavier than my Arbor Westmark 159 w/Flux Super Titan bindings.
yes it does seem a bit heavy.. it's said to be around 4.3lbs.. the ride zeta's are definately lighter and seem less bulky too.. but i wonder if they work as good as the madison's...
Old 04-01-2009, 09:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylisss View Post
yeh i hear great things about them.. just wish that they would have made more than one size!
Per Rome's site, the bindings go up to size 11 which implies more than one size (at least I think it does).

Have you considered picking up a men's equivalent of the Madison's which I think would be the 390s?
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
phylisss

a shop assistant told me they only made it in one size (recommended for 5.5 to 11 according to website). Too bad i wear a size 5 boot. I just manage to fill it out.. that's why i'm considering the zeta's instead and hoping they will fit better.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
SnowBun

wow you have a tiny foot!

I'm pretty sure they come in sizes, so if you're just barely managing to get your foot in, that might be a medium

Try looking at other bindings and just trying them on to see if there is anything smaller than what the guy is giving you
Old 04-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylisss View Post
a shop assistant told me they only made it in one size (recommended for 5.5 to 11 according to website). Too bad i wear a size 5 boot. I just manage to fill it out.. that's why i'm considering the zeta's instead and hoping they will fit better.
You've been misinformed. They come in at least two sizes. I'd start shopping online and stay out of the local shops.
Dave Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Trace63

One size brutha