Union binding sizing - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
richtab

Default Union binding sizing

Im looking to grab a pair of union datas online. I have a size 8.5 32 boot, but it actually seems much bigger. I bought a sm/m pair of rome 390s, which should technically fit my boot according to their sizing, but its not wide enough for my boot. I think an 8.5 size boot is supposed to fit in a med/large, but i dont want the same thing that happened with the romes to happpen.

Some product dimensions(like width of the base) would be sweet but i cant find them anywhere. I think the datas are the same size as forces and most of unions line, so if theres anyone out there with some union binders willing to help me out in any way that'd be swell!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

i can tell you my size 9 burton freestyles fit in the m/l union contacts, but they are definetly snug.
delas52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richtab View Post
Im looking to grab a pair of union datas online. I have a size 8.5 32 boot, but it actually seems much bigger. I bought a sm/m pair of rome 390s, which should technically fit my boot according to their sizing, but its not wide enough for my boot. I think an 8.5 size boot is supposed to fit in a med/large, but i don't want the same thing that happened with the romes to happpen.

Some product dimensions(like width of the base) would be sweet but i cant find them anywhere. I think the datas are the same size as forces and most of unions line, so if theres anyone out there with some union binders willing to help me out in any way that'd be swell!
with your boot size and boot mfg'r choice-32 make a more 'boxy' boot-you fall in the gray area of union's sizing. you could fit into a sm/med or a med/lrg. my advice would be to fit into the snuggest binder/most comfortable size with your toe and heel adjusted properly. pay attention to union's upper strap adjustibility, if you are like me and have narrow feet, you will most likely want to go with the sm/med binders. great bindings-bullet proof, light and dampen out a TON of the vibrations.

having said this, next year's rome 390's have really improved with a killer strap recoil system that pulls all straps away from the baseplate (when the rider is not skating on his/her board), thus removing the rider's boot from standing on the strap and weakening it, as well as keeping it clear and open while inserting the boot into the baseplate.
COtoUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
JordanD

On the same subject, (dont wanna make a new thread)
I just got Size 10 Thirty Two Exus'. If i wanted to get Union Force's, around what sizes should i be getting?

Last edited by JordanD; 04-01-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
thomas.s.miller

large or l/xl
Old 04-02-2009, 12:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
richtab

Quote:
Originally Posted by delas52 View Post
i can tell you my size 9 burton freestyles fit in the m/l union contacts, but they are definetly snug.
I measured my boot and at the widest point the are just under 5 inches. I just want to make sure they wont ride the wall of the base like on the 390s. im pretty sure my boots would fit perfect into the m/l as long as they are wide enough...
Old 04-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanD View Post
On the same subject, (dont wanna make a new thread)
I just got Size 10 Thirty Two Exus'. If i wanted to get Union Force's, around what sizes should i be getting?
i wear a 32 lashed size 9.5 paired with a m/l force...

i have the gas pedal and heel cup all the way out and it all fits perfectly...
i dont know how much bigger is the l/xl but the m/l is pushing the width of my 154 custom. So unless u have a wide board, i think a m/l would be fine with all the adjustments out to the max.
________
Shaved Pussy Cams

Last edited by w3iiipu; 08-21-2011 at 08:22 AM.
w3iiipu is offline   Reply With Quote