Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Slush solutions (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/15254-slush-solutions.html)

bubbachubba340 04-04-2009 12:09 AM

Slush solutions

This weekend ill be riding some fairly wet and slushy snow and I don't have "slush wax". I mean I have a warm temperature wax, but it's for 28 degrees and up, which doesn't seem like slush conditions, so I was thinking of using this silicon based waterproofing spray for clothes along with the wax to help from sticking. Good idea or no? Also any other suggestions would be helpful

legallyillegal 04-04-2009 02:18 AM

just use your warm wax

I need a name 04-04-2009 05:22 AM

Use a warm wax or all temp.

MunkySpunk 04-04-2009 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbachubba340 (Post 152290)
This weekend ill be riding some fairly wet and slushy snow and I don't have "slush wax". I mean I have a warm temperature wax, but it's for 28 degrees and up, which doesn't seem like slush conditions, so I was thinking of using this silicon based waterproofing spray for clothes along with the wax to help from sticking. Good idea or no? Also any other suggestions would be helpful

Unless the rating is 28 degree celcius (82.4F) and up, then slush falls under the category of 28 degrees and up. Recall high school physics: slush will be the exact melting point of water for the air pressure of your hill and ion concentration of your snow (close enough to 32F for your purposes), and it will stay there no matter how warm it gets outside, until it is all in liquid form. You cannot, by definition, have an ice cube above 32F, and this goes for ice granules too.

Bring a change of socks for the end of the day when you're done. When you get home, take your soles out of your liners, liners out of your boots and let them dry for a long long time.

Don't worry about waterproofing spray, you'll get wet anyway. If you want to stay dry, then don't fall, but this is the kind of snow you want to practice high-pain stuff on, because falls are easy on the ass (just wach out for rug burn).

Cold Feet 04-04-2009 04:16 PM

Warm temp wax will be fine. That's what it's designed for. Waterproofing spray is for clothes. Wax is for snowboard bases.

jmacphee9 04-04-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MunkySpunk (Post 152359)
Unless the rating is 28 degree celcius (82.4F) and up, then slush falls under the category of 28 degrees and up. Recall high school physics: slush will be the exact melting point of water for the air pressure of your hill and ion concentration of your snow (close enough to 32F for your purposes), and it will stay there no matter how warm it gets outside, until it is all in liquid form. You cannot, by definition, have an ice cube above 32F, and this goes for ice granules too.

do you have scientific proof to back this up? ive never heard of that before?:dunno::laugh:

MunkySpunk 04-04-2009 05:09 PM

Phase Changes

justdust 04-04-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MunkySpunk (Post 152359)
Recall high school physics:

No. :laugh: