Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Looking for Flows in Ottawa, Ontario (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/15262-looking-flows-ottawa-ontario.html)

Gardner 04-04-2009 12:54 PM

Looking for Flows in Ottawa, Ontario

It is time to replace my Flow bindings that I have been riding for about 5 years. I love them to bits, but the plastic coating on the cable is breaking down, and they are showing their age, as well as being perhaps a little heavy.

I want new Flow M9s or NTX-ATs -- or something comparable. I have found a couple of Canadian internet retailers that have these, but selection seems quite limited. So far, I have "The Source" and "United Cycle" both out of Alberta. The Source has the best prices.

Are there retailers in Ontario -- maybe even Ottawa -- that I should check out? Any pointers where to get the best results picking up one or the other of these models?

Can anyone familiar with Flows comment whether 2008 or 2009 M9s or NTX-ATs come with a Burton-compatible disc? If I have to order something else, what do I order? Will the discs from my old bindings work with new Flows?

Thanks,

jmacphee9 04-04-2009 02:34 PM

NXTS are going to be your best bet, and yes the disc is compatible with burtons, ive had mine on a burton before..

might want to take this to hte local section for store help.

NoiSe 04-04-2009 11:00 PM

Well after the fire at Tommy & Lefebvre on Bank, I'd say your best bet is to just look for them online, especially with the sales going on now. Try Board Zone and Empire Snowboards. I've ordered from both places recently, the shipping was quick and fairly cheap ($12 and $10 CAD respectively). Board Zone is in Burlington and Empire is in Boucherville (near Montreal), I think that's as close as it'll get to Ottawa for online retailers..

Bones 04-04-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoiSe (Post 152550)
Well after the fire at Tommy & Lefebvre on Bank,

Yeah, that's gonna suck for the summer clearance sale....

A quick check of Flow's "find a dealer" reveals that SportCheck and SportMart are dealers as is Joe Dumarrer Cycle on Pretoria (how bizarre!)

Maybe give Surfside out on Carling a call. They always seem to have stuff that T&L didn't.... like Dakine Board bags and One Ball Jay Wax

NoiSe 04-04-2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones (Post 152552)
Yeah, that's gonna suck for the summer clearance sale...

Ya.. :thumbsdown: I'm wondering if they'll even have one this year now :confused:

Gardner 04-05-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoiSe (Post 152550)
Try Board Zone and Empire Snowboards

Thanks. Unfortunately neither of them seem to stock Flows. Although Sportscheck and friends show up as Flow retailers, I have yet to actually find any Flow bindings there. The Cycle guy on Pretoria and Surfside are good pointers. Thank you.

I also found Flow M9s at Prior in Whistler. I am toying with buying one of their boards and would get the M9s for a reasonable price with the board. Anyone ridden one of their boards?

jmacphee9 said that the NXT-ATs would be the best bet. What's the advantage over the M9s? Personally, I was leaning towards the M9 because the composite base is more flexible/resilient than the alloy base of the NXT.

carloa 04-06-2009 07:05 AM

just a recommendation, the 2010 flow quantum looks great. the color scheme is paired with next year's m9s. i personally have the team bindings and love them. u can see next year's lineup here. jus scroll down to see the flow gear. good luck!!

broblog » 2010 gear über post: Vans, Union, K2, Nitro and more!