Salomon Symbio Boots - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
ZFanatic

Default Salomon Symbio Boots

Ok, to give a quick background, I'm 6'1", ~290lbs, and I've been snowboarding several times before, but usually only once a year. I'm going to college up north next year, and will going snowboarding probably once a week, maybe twice, and so I'm gonna get my own stuff. I'm mostly into freeriding, no park or anything (yet anyway, but that's a long way off), and so I'm basically looking for decent all around gear.

I went around trying on boots today, tried on about 6 pair, anywhere from 100 to 250 dollar boots, burtons, rides, salomons, K2's, etc. Funny thing is, that I absolutely loved the Salomon Symbio boots. They're on sale for 85 bucks after tax, which I think is a steal. My only question, is will they last a long time? For 85 bucks I'm not expecting them to last forever, but more than one year would be nice. Also, they seem to be a beginner boot, but they're the best fitting boot in my price range (fit flawlessly) and so I'm thinking of getting them.

So I'm asking if that's a good boot to get for someone who's just starting to get into consistent riding, but has some experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 02:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

eh, the symbio's are ok but i think you're going to outgrow them quickly. i got symbio's as my first pair and after a half season it felt like they were holding my progression back. i upgraded to the f22's and they've been a dream, fits like a glove and really lets you power those turns. if you can swing it and you enjoy the sport, i say spring for a higher end pair that progress with you.
Hardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
ZFanatic

How did you find the F22's fit relative to the Symbio's? I figured since the Salomon fit me perfect, that their other's would be similar. I found the F22's online for 140 so I may do that. I'd like to try them on first though, but Dallas has a pretty weak selection of snowboard equipment. I'd like to get boots pretty soon too, so that I can get a board because there's a store here that's got all their boards and bindings and boots 40% off, but no boots that fit me.

Does the F22 have a significantly smaller footprint as well? I read it does, and have a size 13 boot, so my feet are hanging off the edge on anything but the widest boards.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

the f22 has a built-in liner that gives it a smaller footprint. i thought the fit relative to the symbio's were fantastic. i found the symbio's comfortable and the f22's were even more so. it's just a really fantastic boot. it goes without saying, if you can find it to try on, definitely do it, but seeing that you found the symbio's comfortable, i think the f22's will fit and form to your foot just as well.
Hardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
ZFanatic

One last boot question, I think. I tried on some Burton Ozones today, and they're pretty promising. The only issue was that they were a little tight across the top, which will probably stretch enough to make it just perfect, right? They were super light though, which is awesome since most boots I've tried on in a 13 are excruciatingly heavy, as well as having a slightly smaller footprint, helping me with overhang. I found 'em online for 150, which seems like a pretty sweet deal for pretty good boots. Do they sound like a good choice?