LIb Tech base material? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default LIb Tech base material?

So I'm considering buying another board for next season and I've decided to go with Lib Tech. I'm Sold on the Banana reverse camber tech with magne traction. Their Boards are sick they have SEVEN contact points as apposed to Tip and Tail on normal boards. I'm trying to find info on the base material though and I cant find squat. Lib Tech's website says all their boards are Sintered MHW which I cant find any info on. All the info I've found says the Sintered MHW base boards are fast and they recommend ONEBALLJAY wax. also anybody own any of the BTX models or know any info on them? I want to find something I can ride the Rip steeps on, shred the powder in but more importantly rule the park with. forgot to mention that I'm about 5'10 200 pounds, I usually ride a 159 but I wanted to get the board in a 156 can that take away from the board at all?
baseline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ripping steeps and park don't mix. For steeps you need a stiff board, shallow side cut, and sharp edges. For park you need a soft board, average sidecut, and dull edges.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
alasdairm

if you are 200lbs, i think you'll bog down in powder on a 156.

my weight hovers between 185 and 195. my general-purpose, all-mountain board is a 159 and i have a 162 for big powder days.

alasdair
Old 04-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wink

so soft board are no good on the steeps or pow? reviews said the board did well in both because of the stiff nose and tail. The Ride agenda board I just bought for last season was supposed to be pretty soft and flexible but its actually pretty stiff. the reviews i read on it said it was soft and not meant for powder but I found it to be very stiff. I was using my buddy's 5150 before and that board was like a contortionist. the Banana tech says the board grips on the steeps from the magne traction and doesn't sink in the powder from the rocker keeping the stiff nose above the pow. make sense though that'd I'd bog in Pow on a 156 board though. its so tempting to get 156 though because of how small the board is and all the stuff I could do in the Park with it
baseline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I need a name View Post
Ripping steeps and park don't mix. For steeps you need a stiff board, shallow side cut, and sharp edges. For park you need a soft board, average sidecut, and dull edges.
yea you are going for 2 different things...t trice or trs maybe?
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseline6 View Post
Lib Tech's website says all their boards are Sintered MHW which I cant find any info on
What more do you need to know about the base besides the fact that it is sintered? That's typically all anyone needs to know...sintered or extruded? Sounds like the Lib site gave you your answer.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lol a soft board is going to fold in half in the pow

sintered:
cygnus, dark, t.rice, sb

extruded:
phoenix, trs, mullet, mc.kink, skunk ape

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
What more do you need to know about the base besides the fact that it is sintered? That's typically all anyone needs to know...sintered or extruded? Sounds like the Lib site gave you your answer.
there are plenty of different sintered bases that someone really into would like to know the difference between. diff betewen my burton and capita is huge.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
there are plenty of different sintered bases that someone really into would like to know the difference between. diff betewen my burton and capita is huge.
Which one is faster?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
keabler

I personally think the skate banana wouldnt be that bad. Its a stiffer park board and the rocker is going to make it easy to float on pow (and actually make it fun). The banana rocker is nice because its rocked in the middle between the bindings so you dont have to flex the board much at all to press which is why they made the skate banana a little stiffer (because it doesnt need to be super soft). The mange-traction would be wonderful for "steeper" runs, but idk if I would make it my soul backcountry board.

now if you wanted to ride backcountry on a signal park rocker I would probably call you crazy.