Boot advice please (for a female) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 05:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lamb_

Default Boot advice please (for a female)

So I need new boots because for some reason my old ones started getting tighter at the end of the season leaving my foot pale and cold.. and super creepy looking and very numb.. anyway they were just crappy cheap brand boots..

I tried a few on on saturday and out of that lot I narrowed it down to the:
07 K2 Mink - these felt pretty good but my toes are definately hitting the end of my left (bigger foot) but the size up I get MASSIVE heel lift in..

and the 08 burton Casa - These again felt great except at the back by your achilles they have big foam things that seemed to pinch in.. which I can imagine you'd never get heel lift.. but at the moment it kinda hurt.. does anyone know if that will go down?

The guy at the shop said the boots will stretch width but not really length..
I'm going to try on a few more next weekend as I'll have more time.. but for now does anyone have any experience with these boots and these issues resolving??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
danmyersmn

My toes touch the end of my boots. I think you need to determine if the "hitting" is forcing your toes to bend up, or be painful over a long period or if they are just touching to the point of being a perfect fit. I would suggest that if you have any doubt if they are going to work or not then that should be an indication to try some more pairs on?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
keabler

whats your price range

a lot of my biddies were riding celcius this year and they loved them. Celcius doenst have a lot of rediulous tech in them they for the most part are just solid boots, they only have one chick

Celsius Cloud9 Snowboard Boot - Women's from Dogfunk.com

and it seems like a pretty solid board
Old 04-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have the Burton Casas and like them just fine. I have about 14 days on them and they look almost new. My boots are about one half size too big, so I actually do get some heel lift in them. For the first two or three days, they were very tight around the tops of my feet but they have since loosened up significantly. This is common - expect your liners to loosen up a bit after you've broken them in.

Try wearing the boots around the store for a while to determine how well they fit your foot. Any discomfort will greatly magnify once you get to the slopes, so try on as many boots as you can just just pick the most comfortable one.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I got my ex-gf some Rome bastilles, and those are really comfy boots, the same goes for Salomon Kianas.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My wife liked the Burton Emerald boots enough to buy them as her first boot. They are a mid flex boot, so it might not fit a pure park/mountain style. Depends on what you're looking for.
Rome Anthem 158
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Everyone can sit here and recommend a boot till they're fingers fall off. Doesn't mean fucking shit. 90% of the snowsliding populace has one foot slightly bigger than the other. You want to size to the smaller foot. If the mink fits you it should have their intuition liner have the shop mold them and put a toe cap on the bigger foot. Best boot is the one that fits your foot not someone elses wife, sister, transexual midget robot hooker.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lamb_

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Everyone can sit here and recommend a boot till they're fingers fall off. Doesn't mean fucking shit. 90% of the snowsliding populace has one foot slightly bigger than the other. You want to size to the smaller foot. If the mink fits you it should have their intuition liner have the shop mold them and put a toe cap on the bigger foot. Best boot is the one that fits your foot not someone elses wife, sister, transexual midget robot hooker.
Cheers, that was helpful!

I know that it's whatever fits.. but was just wondering if the burton pinchers go down a bit (surely they can fit anyone properly?? Unless I just have really fat achilles? haha) or if it is true that they won't stretch length wise - only width?

I'm fairly limited for choice because of how much I can spend/access here.. ( BWMsnow.co.nz € ski € board € shop | BWMsnow is where I can go. )

Also I don't know what kind of flex I would need.. I learnt last season and can ride blue runs fine.. not black ones though.. this season I want to learn some park though..

Last edited by Lamb_; 04-05-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

A boot will pack out in every direction. But if it's not fitting the heel right don't force it that's one of the harder spots to pack out to get to fit.