Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   goliath vs riot? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/15309-goliath-vs-riot.html)

snowboardin2137 04-05-2009 09:52 PM

goliath vs riot?
 
which is better in:

1.POWDER
2.HIGH SPEEDS
3.FASTER
4.LIGHTER

Thank you!

darkninja 04-05-2009 09:58 PM

Riot is faster because it has a sintered base and will also be better at high speed since its stiffer. I will assume both will handle equally well in powder if you purposely set back your stance (goliath already has the inserts set back a few mm naturally). Lighter i'm not sure but my evil twin is light as a feather so again i'm assuming with equal lengths you won't find a noticeable difference in weight.

snowboardin2137 04-05-2009 10:20 PM

thanks man, that really helps

DiamondCarver 04-05-2009 10:27 PM

Gnarly(has ridden nearly all Bataleon's) rates the Goliath faster than the riot: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/sno...er-ridden.html (2nd page)

And you don't have to make a new thread for every question along the lines of your last question, just ask it in the original thread.

snowboardin2137 04-05-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiamondCarver (Post 152843)
Gnarly(has ridden nearly all Bataleon's) rates the Goliath faster than the riot: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/sno...er-ridden.html (2nd page)

And you don't have to make a new thread for every question along the lines of your last question, just ask it in the original thread.


ok sorry about that

Gnarly 04-06-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiamondCarver (Post 152843)
Gnarly(has ridden nearly all Bataleon's) rates the Goliath faster than the riot: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/sno...er-ridden.html (2nd page)

And you don't have to make a new thread for every question along the lines of your last question, just ask it in the original thread.

The Goliath was only faster because it was a longer board...And because the snow was faster (much warmer) that day.

DiamondCarver 04-06-2009 04:39 PM

Ah, my bad. So do you think the Riot would be faster in the same conditions?

Gnarly 04-06-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiamondCarver (Post 153168)
Ah, my bad. So do you think the Riot would be faster in the same conditions?

I'm pretty sure the Riot would be faster given the same snow temps.

snowboardin2137 04-06-2009 06:13 PM

but the goliath is still a really fat board right? it will really help me get across those long flats right?

and also, is the goliath a wide board only? i have a boot size 7.5 so could i still ride it fine?

BigC_ 13 04-06-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowboardin2137 (Post 153234)
but the goliath is still a really fat board right? it will really help me get across those long flats right?

and also, is the goliath a wide board only? i have a boot size 7.5 so could i still ride it fine?

The goliath isn't only wide, it comes in wide and regular.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2