Snowboarding Suggestions.... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Snowboarding Suggestions....

Hi I am new.. I browsed through the FAQ's and have a little better understanding of what I need to look at when deciding on equipment.. But am also interested in what you guys have to say... Looking for boots, bindings, and a board... I am a little over 6 ft tall (6 ft 2 in).... I am right around 200 lbs (between 195 and 210)... My shoe size is 11.5/12.5 depending.. I just started last season and used various rental equipment.. The biggest complaint I had with the rental stuff was the old beat up boots tended to dig into my shins after riding and walking around for a while... I live on the east coast so that's mostly where ill be riding.. As of right now I am still learning so its just a lot of mellow runs down the mountain learning how to actually ride and carve... But I eventually want to get more into the terrain park kind of stuff (while NOTHING like snowboarding i do inline skate and its mostly skate park so I like rails, jumps, etc..) But I want to be able to go back and forth between park and just regular riding.. I don't care to go super fast... so any advice you could give would be appreciated..

thanks
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

id suggest u do a bit of research on ur own for which board is best suit u...
after u come up with a few options then itd be easier for people here to giv u suggestions.
also it sounds like ur undecided on ur riding style yet...so mayb an all mountain board will best suit ur purpose.

As for boots, start going to ur local stores and actually try em out. Thats the only way to find a boot that fits u comfortably imo.
________
LiLah_Baby live

Last edited by w3iiipu; 08-21-2011 at 08:23 AM.
w3iiipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

i will definately try the boots on before i make any choices.. as far as riding style goes i know i will continue to just ride as i do now.. but want to also spend some time in the park.. i assumed that i would be looking at an all mountain board, since there was no specific type of riding that i prefer..

i guess i was just looking for some suggestions from people who have actually been into the sport for some time..
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

there are literally hundreds of threads in this forum on the same topic, which is why people dont answer these type of threads. just browse titles through the pages youll find something.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Asking what snowboard to buy on this forum is like asking what car to buy on a car forum...
Your just going to hear 800 opinions..

With that said you will probably need a midwide board atleast...
You may want to look at something like a NS Revolver-R, or something from Lib or Bataleon would work too.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

or if you want to wait a bit, I just picked up a 159 Lib Tech TRS BTX. Im going to test drive it next weekend, if it isnt something I like Ill resell it, or you could just buy it off me now for 300.....