Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Transporting Boards Via Convertable.. (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/15326-transporting-boards-via-convertable.html)

Anthony 04-06-2009 02:53 PM

Transporting Boards Via Convertable..

So anyway i drive a VERY low car that i dont want to take up to the mountains.. my G/F just got a convertable so no roof rack..

how do i transport the boards the car is a 2003 mitsubishi eclipse spyder..

thanks..

snowdog 04-06-2009 03:00 PM

rent a car.

I know of people that will fed ex their gear when going on long trips. If money is not an issue, it is pretty convenient.

thomas.s.miller 04-06-2009 03:02 PM

sorry dude, but that dosnt sound like its gonna happen.my friend has a 04 spyder and there is no room in there, no matter whatcha do, not gonna happen.you need a diffrent ride.

arsenic0 04-06-2009 03:03 PM

Doesnt the rear seat fold down?

Stick your boards in through the trunk in sideways between your front seats if they are that long.

Other than that your only option is to wedge them in the back seat area and maybe go up to the mountain with the top down lol...

According to a few google sales it looks like the 2003 has fold down rear seats, or atleast a fold down center section you could probably fit a board in...

Another option is to set them along the passenger side of the car with the passenger seat pushed forward and leaning forward...2nd rider has to sit in the driver side rear...shouldnt be too hard to get in with the top down.

RidePowder 04-06-2009 03:23 PM

I wedge my board in between the seats and the door. its a pain to climb over, but I've fit 4 people and 6 boards in my Jetta before.

also backseat to dash in between driver and passenger seat. hope you dont have a stick :cool:

Anthony 04-06-2009 03:36 PM

thanks for the ideas.. ill have to try it out..

i dont think i want to rent a car because... well i just started to ride at the very end of this season and i went EVERY weekend for like 6 weeks in a row.. lol renting a car would get kind of costly.. maybe i can move some stuff around.. try to squeeze them in on an angle or something..

w3iiipu 04-06-2009 03:41 PM

taking the bindings off always help....
if ur backseat doesnt fold down...try sicking it between the driver and passenger...tho it makes shifting a bit trickier.

we've stuffed 4 boards and 3 adults in a g35 sports coupe before...along with boots and our luggage for a 3 day trip.
________
Pattaya estate agents

RidePowder 04-06-2009 03:45 PM

I wish I had a g35

arsenic0 04-06-2009 03:51 PM

Yea worst case you have to take everyones bindings off and put them back on at the mountain...then you can put the boards just about anywhere...
Just dont forget the screw drivers!

Anthony 04-06-2009 04:15 PM

if i could only get this much feedback on my snowboard choice thread.. LOL