Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Board recommendations (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/15331-board-recommendations.html)

FadedEchos 04-06-2009 06:27 PM

Board recommendations

Awesome forum! So many interesting equipment topics to look through now that I'm in the market for a new board-

Anyways:

22 winters
6'2"
176 lbs
Size 13 feet

Been riding a 160 k2 fuse wide from either 04 or 05 until now, so if you can't tell yet I'm not a hardcore snowboarder. I do love the chances I get though, and now that I've been hitting more jumps, rails, and trying more interesting things than simply riding around I want to replace my somewhat beat up board with something smaller and more suitable for tricks.

In other words, I'm looking for an all-mountain/freestyle board that'll be fun to carve and experiment on, good for popping off decent sized jumps in the park or along the runs, and at least capable of hitting rails. A true twin would be best, as I've been randomly attempting to ride switch and would love any help I could get. No back country experience here, so no worries on that end.

Not sure how much I've been pulled in by their various marketing scams, but so far I've been interested in the Rome Riff and Libtech's banana boards. Read Gnarly's Bataleon riot review, and it sounds pretty cool as well.

Are there other boards I should be looking at? Any particular one that you think would be awesome for me? As for cost, I'd rather spend a lot on an awesome board and love it than spend a little and have to fight it while I'm riding.

If you know of a great pair of bindings to go with it, that would be helpful too~

Thanks!

Woosenheimer 04-07-2009 03:22 PM

I have a capita mid life lost and that sounds like something that would suit you very well. I am very pleased w/ mine. The base is fast and it rides like a dream. It has quite a bit of pop but isn't too stiff to throw a tail press. If you are going to be constantly hitting rails I would go with something w/ an extruded base but if you are mixing it up it should be fine. Ive only ridden this board on the east coast but its handled everything I've wanted to do w/ it here. I'm about your size and wear a size 12 boot and I ride the 158. I dont think you would be dissapointed with this board at all.

plus there's a killer deal on it right now. Worth every penny w/ that price tag... Capita Snowboard Capita Mid Life Lost Snowboard

also, in response to the binding question I have rome 390's on mine and I love them. I've heard good things about the Rome Targas as well. Both of these might be a little tougher to come by right now though.

Um...? 04-07-2009 06:29 PM

I'll cast my vote for NS Revolver.

All the hype is true.

Rocketbass88 04-07-2009 09:25 PM

Idk if you'll be able to find one left but the T. Rice BTX sounds like it could fit the bill pretty well. Banana tech and magnetraction.

BigC_ 13 04-07-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Um...? (Post 153797)
I'll cast my vote for NS Revolver.

All the hype is true.

I'll prop that, I love my revolver, it's great for basically everything but bombing straight down runs, but it can do that anyways just gets a bit chattery.

I just bought a bataleon goliath as well, waiting for that to arrive but I could not be more excited to try it out.

FadedEchos 04-07-2009 11:33 PM

Those are both awesome suggestions! It's interesting that never summer's revolver has a somewhat similar tech to the banana and all of bataleon's boards too.

But I think I've been pulled in by all the shining reviews of the bataleon boards and might find myself waiting until next year to grab a riot. Everything I've read about that one makes it sound perfect for me, and it looks like the waist width gets up to 260 on their 159 so I could probably fit my huge mutant feet on it too.

Will definitely look around more for that revolver. If I can find a board shop near me with one in stock and marked down I just might cave~ Chances are looking pretty slim though... C'mon board companies, give Canada a little more support!

Thanks everyone!