Never Summer Heritage X - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 04:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rocketbass88

Check out DC's boots. Tried a pair on the other day and I'm DEFINITELY going with DCs next time I buy boots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I actually just ordered a pair of DC boots... The Allegiance ones and they were wayyyyyyyyy to narrow for my feet. I have a pair of Burton Motos that I've been using this year and they're a lot wider and comfy, but lack any bells and whistles.

Highly recommend trying some out first... DC, 32, Vans are all reputable producers
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
ZFanatic

legal: what's wrong with Ozones? I'm not stuck on Burton, but that's really all anyone carries around here. That and ride, and Ride's don't fit quite right.

I think by tomorrow I'll have a decent chunk of money, and then I'll pickup the board first, that way if I do get stuck buying things next fall when they're full price, I'll be buying bindings and/or boots at full price, rather than a board... I may just wait until next fall to buy boots if the next shop I hit up (the last one within an hour and a half of my house) doesn't have anything I just fall in love with, so that I can try on from a bigger selection up north.

I definitely think I'll get that Heritage X though. Seems like a darn good deal for the perfect board for me, and I don't wanna pay 700 bucks for an equivalent board next fall, when I could spend 600 and get a full setup right now.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Ozones are bottom-of-the-barrel soft mushy crap

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
ZFanatic

Really? They felt really soft, but at the same time really comfortable.

Would it be better to wait until I go up north and maybe pay a little more for boots to find really good ones, at least to try on? I'll probably pick up my board and maybe binders now, but my boots I want to make sure are perfect.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Rocketbass88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFanatic View Post
Really? They felt really soft, but at the same time really comfortable.

Would it be better to wait until I go up north and maybe pay a little more for boots to find really good ones, at least to try on? I'll probably pick up my board and maybe binders now, but my boots I want to make sure are perfect.
If there is one thing in your setup you NEED to try before buying, it's boots. I would definitely wait until you can try them. What is the best boot for one person, can be the worst for the next, so it's a very personal preference thing.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketbass88 View Post
If there is one thing in your setup you NEED to try before buying, it's boots. I would definitely wait until you can try them. What is the best boot for one person, can be the worst for the next, so it's a very personal preference thing.
Truth right here
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
ZFanatic

^ That's what I'm thinking. The selection here in Dallas is lackluster, especially right now, and the only thing anywhere is Burton. I'm gonna go hit up the last shop I know of tomorrow, and if they don't have anything, I'll probably end up waiting. I think I'm gonna get to order my board on Thursday or Friday, which is pretty exciting. Not that I'll be able to do anything with it besides look at it, but still.

My feet are really weird shaped. Very wide at the front of my foot, but my heel is pretty narrow. They're also pretty tall at the arches, which makes boots hard to find. They fit the top of my foot, but leave the heel loose, or vice versa.

Anyone with similar type feet know of a boot/brand that might be good to try on?
Old 04-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
Rocketbass88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFanatic View Post
^ That's what I'm thinking. The selection here in Dallas is lackluster, especially right now, and the only thing anywhere is Burton. I'm gonna go hit up the last shop I know of tomorrow, and if they don't have anything, I'll probably end up waiting. I think I'm gonna get to order my board on Thursday or Friday, which is pretty exciting. Not that I'll be able to do anything with it besides look at it, but still.

My feet are really weird shaped. Very wide at the front of my foot, but my heel is pretty narrow. They're also pretty tall at the arches, which makes boots hard to find. They fit the top of my foot, but leave the heel loose, or vice versa.

Anyone with similar type feet know of a boot/brand that might be good to try on?
Make sure you get the shop to heat mold them. It takes 10 mins and it will make your boots MUCH more comfortable, especially if you have (for lack of a better term) weird feet.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
ZFanatic

How much does it usually cost, and why can't I just do it with a hair dryer?