Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Never Summer Heritage X (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/15342-never-summer-heritage-x.html)

ZFanatic 04-06-2009 10:53 PM

Never Summer Heritage X

Ok, so I was originally gonna go with the Burton Custom ICS Wide and Cartel EST bindings, but have been looking around at boards without ICS. Although the general consensus it seems is the ICS are decent, I'm a big boy and think I'd prefer the traditional bolt up style if possible. Couldn't find a custom 3d for a decent price, so I decided to take a look at NS boards and came up with the Heritage X. Looks perfect for my style (freeride/carving) and looks like a board that will last me quite a while. Since I'd be spending an extra 110 bucks on the board, I figured I'd go a little lighter on the bindings and get the Rome Arsenal's. As far as boots, it'll probably be Burton Ozones, because they're so light and cushy and have a smaller footprint, which is a must with a size 13 boot.

Which setup sounds better? The Custom w/ Cartel bindings or the Heritage X with the Rome's? The NS board and Romes will cost me about 50 bucks more. Is it worth that 50 bucks?

Milo303 04-06-2009 10:59 PM

Are you talking a 2009 Heritage X, or a 2010?

I'm personally waiting on the 2010 Heritage as it will have the RC technology on it.

Either way I would go with the NS gear ( =

SnowBun 04-06-2009 11:01 PM

Customs have a crazy forward lean, just as a warning. You're probably better off with the Arsenals.

I have not ridden the Heritage (don't think they come even close in my size), but NS gear is definitely good stuff :)

Pretty sure someone else can chime in on the feel of the board

ZFanatic 04-06-2009 11:36 PM

2009. Trying to get stuff on sale so I can get a fairly nice board for a good price.

I meant to refer to the Custom board, with Cartel bindings, but I'll probably end up with the NS and Rome's. I also like the 3 year warranty. Gives me 3 solid years of worry free riding (for the most part anyway), plus everyone and their mom won't have the same board as me.

Milo303 04-06-2009 11:38 PM

If you are trying to get this years model, you may take a look at the NS Legacy-R then. It does have the RC technology on it, and is pretty close to the Heritage from what I'm told.

But if you've got a Heritage in your sites, I feel ya.

I'm def gonna pump NS, but let us know which way you go, and how you like it.

SnowBun 04-06-2009 11:39 PM

Sorry, I mean the Cartels (it's 12:30am) :laugh:

ZFanatic 04-06-2009 11:50 PM

What exactly is the RC Technology?

I looked into the Legacy R, but couldn't find it for the right price...

I found the Heritage X for 360 and I'm super happy with that. I may actually buy that before I buy boots, as the board is where I'll get the biggest savings compared to whether I buy now or next fall.

You guys think the Rome Arsenals would work well with it? I'm trying to find a binder under 100 bucks (total, shipping and taxes) and that comes in right at 90 bucks, which seems like the lowest I can go without getting into the crap territory. Union Forces were sold out.

SnowBun 04-06-2009 11:58 PM

RC is reverse and camber. Basically, center is flat while you get a regular camber underneath the bindings, and back to flat toward the tip and tail. Read it up on the NS website, it explains it all pretty clearly :)

legallyillegal 04-07-2009 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZFanatic (Post 153388)
Which setup sounds better? The Custom w/ Cartel bindings or the Heritage X with the Rome's? The NS board and Romes will cost me about 50 bucks more. Is it worth that 50 bucks?

Heritage+Arsenal > Custom+Cartel

Don't go with the Ozones. Look at Ions instead if staying with Burton.

http://neversummer.com/img/rockerPop.gif

SnowBun 04-07-2009 05:12 AM

or you can just look in this thread :D