Help me choose a Bataleon (Not snowboardin2137!) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 02:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
earlvb

Default Help me choose a Bataleon (Not snowboardin2137!)

Hi, I'm curious about TBT and I'm thinking about picking up a board to try it out. I'm 5'4" and 160 lbs. I mainly freeride with very little park. (I wouldn't mind hitting it more, but my riding buddies are afraid, so I don't think it's going to increase much.) That said, I do like to play on the natural features and jumps we come across. I have a couple boards with mid flex that are 155s. This time I'd like something a little more playful.

I was thinking about the Riot 151. I figure the stiffness should be good for speed, but since it's shorter it will be easier to throw around and butter (or will it still be too stiff to butter?).

The Goliath 153 sounds almost perfect, being a little shorter and softer than what I'm riding now, but I think it might not be enough of a change.

A local shop has a 157 Fun Kink. I know the flex would be real soft and playful, but would the longer length help enough with speed? I know I won't be able to throw it around as well. It seems like it would be the worst combo of characteristics?

Would the Evil Twin be a better choice than the Riot since it's a little softer? Should I go for a 151, or would the 155 be an option. Thanks for your thoughts, and I'm not a shill for snowboardin2137
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2009, 03:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

You might want to consider The Jam...I am surprise at the lack of mention of The Jam in many of the Bataleon threads. It's a very capable, fast sintered board, more on the freeride side since it's not super flexy but not so much that you can't take it to the park if you want to...defintely good stuff
ScBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the 151 i would imagine at 160 should be buttery...

and i love the title lol
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm 5'6", 170 and ride a 151 Riot and it does everything well. Its super fast, really stable, and though it takes more effort because its stiff, butters really well. If that's not enough, if you and your friends ever decide to tackle the park, then you'll be happy that you chose the Riot. Its speed will help with getting decent air off jumps and its stability will help you land them.
jonas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

haha i thought this was going to be a snowboardin2137 thread. i have a jam and love it. it's super fast although a little stiff. i take it off jumps all the time and have fun all around. i even hit boxes and (very few) rails with it and had fun with it. it's harder to press, but a rock solid board. especially if you're doing more freeriding.
absoludicrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
snowdog

I have the jam 161. 6'2", 200lbs. Great board and agree with what others have said. On hindsight I would get the Goliath instead. The Jam is a pretty stiff board.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

I would of just passed this thread if i didn't read the whole title. I'm thinking you should go with the Goliath. It's more playful than the Jam, but it still has the stability of a freeride board.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
megamold

sorry for the hijack , but im gonna get me a goliath , but im not sure if i should get it in a wideboard variety , my bootsize is 46 ( eu ) and i got l/xl union force bindings to mount on it.
also , im 185cm tall so im thinking about going for the 157

Last edited by megamold; 04-09-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd say maybe a jam, but a little longer. I'm 165 and ride the 153...and it gets shaky when I get close to the speed I normally go on my Gnu Rider's Choice 151.
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote