Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   2010 ICS adapters??? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/15369-2010-ics-adapters.html)

battelmt 04-08-2009 10:25 AM

2010 ICS adapters???

any word on other companies coming out with adapters/plates next year to match their bindings to burton ics boards???

thomas.s.miller 04-08-2009 11:29 AM

the board itsself should come with an adapterplate

battelmt 04-08-2009 11:47 AM

they work with burton non-est bindings. i was wondering about other companies coming out with a disc so non burton bindings could be used...

thomas.s.miller 04-08-2009 12:35 PM

dude, trust me, non burton est bindings are 3d, or 3 hole bindings.every company makes an adaptor for that , and most new bindings come with a universal plate.so it works with other companies bindings.just ask for the convert disc from your binding company if you dont have it.

LQT420 04-08-2009 01:11 PM

Dude, stop force feeding battelmt information that he already knows and do a better job of reading the original question.

thomas.s.miller 04-08-2009 01:24 PM

ics is a burton technology, and lets face it, if someone pisses off burton by making a binding that uses the ics tech, they will throw a hissy fit and file lawsuits and all that jazz.so for now, the only thing other companies can do, is make the convert disc for 3d, and then use that on the ics convert disc.maybe in a few years, all companies will go to ics or a similar system.but as for now, that answer the original queston.

battelmt 04-08-2009 02:34 PM

ics uses 2 holes. not 3. est bindings dont use discs at all. the board comes with a special 2 hole disc to use with non est BURTON bindings. because of this the burton 2 hole discs are reinforced with heavier duty plastic as well as metal pieces where the nuts go. as of the 08/09 season no other binding company made a binding or disc that could be used on an ics board and still maintain the warranty of the board or binding. also- because the nut/screw is reversed with the ics system the nuts dont even fit through the holes on alot of companies discs and if they did the nuts dont sit flush like normal screws do.

so- will other companies be making a suitable disc for 09/10???

thomas.s.miller 04-08-2009 02:44 PM

ooooh, ok.i was confused.i know ics uses 2 screws.ics is basicly a wakeboard binding style setup.well i thought the ics convert disc was used to put non est bindings onto an ics board.thats what the scheels rep told me, and thats what the discs looked like too.hmm, i think itll be another year before other companies besides forum will make a convert disc.

snowboard community forums - LOOK BEFORE BUYING BURTON BINDINGS

all binding discs are the same.so a rome binding can use a burton disc, or k2, or salomon. and vice versa.

jmacphee9 04-08-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas.s.miller (Post 154130)
all binding discs are the same.so a rome binding can use a burton disc, or k2, or salomon. and vice versa.

no they are not, im positive a burton est plate will not fit inside romes..

thomas.s.miller 04-08-2009 03:46 PM

yea, your right.just checked with my targas.man, today i just failed all over the place.im so not gonna do anything that can get me seriously hurt, cause the worst will probly haooen.so im gonna quit while im not neck deep.