Feedback on bindings + tuning edges - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
snowdog

OK no experience with them.

Just brainstorming. If you have your foot in the boot, and the strap is the way it is in first pic, and super tight, i would imagine pressure pts.

Does the strap align to ctr when you have your foot in and strapped the way you like it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
OK no experience with them.

Just brainstorming. If you have your foot in the boot, and the strap is the way it is in first pic, and super tight, i would imagine pressure pts.

Does the strap align to ctr when you have your foot in and strapped the way you like it?
Give me a few minutes I'll go check it out !

edit : Yeah, they're still a bit center, but not as much as on the picture, say 2 clicks less or something. But they do feel "good" when sitting in them ... I find it hard to imagine they would hurt my feet this way. I just can't go out and play around with them for another 2 weeks

Last edited by poenanie; 04-08-2009 at 04:25 PM.
poenanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Very little feedback while I doubt there's very little people in here who know nothing about bindings, waxing and detuning edges ...
Old 04-08-2009, 08:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Definetely should have gone with the 11-13 size. I wear a size 9 and use the 9-11, the 7-9 physically fit, but were not centered just like yours, so I went with the 9-11 and was able to center everything perfectly.
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

my brother has a pair of those bindings and his straps are totally centered. he uses a size 10 nitro boot with the 9-11 binding. if you could, I would suggest bringing your boots to the shop and try em on with the bigger size binding, just to see what it looks/feels like.
return2heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
Definetely should have gone with the 11-13 size. I wear a size 9 and use the 9-11, the 7-9 physically fit, but were not centered just like yours, so I went with the 9-11 and was able to center everything perfectly.
Wouldn't those require a wide board ? Or am I wrong here ?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Looks like there is still room in the front and rear of the binding before it starts to overhang. The 11-13 binding base isn't that much bigger than the 9-11, but the straps certainly are. IMO centered straps are way more important than the possibility of slight overhang. It isn't even an issue unless you are riding the board hard or in lots of powder, which the betas aren't really made for anyways
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
C-Bear

I will answer your question about your edges and waxing. First off waxing.

There are many types of wax out there and they are all different based on outdoor temperatures. Pending that, your iron will have to be set at a different temperature based on this. If you have a wax that is made for more colder temperatures...say -9 degrees celsius (sorry i'm canadian) or colder, your iron will have to be hotter. Any warmer wax mean a lower temperature setting. A good indicator is if there is any smoke coming off the wax when it hits the iron...if it's smoking, it's too hot. When you buy the temp. specific wax it will guide you as to the tempature. I would definitely recommend buying an actual waxing iron as it is alot easier to control the temperature. If you are a hardcore rider and ride pretty much everyday, I would get into temperature specific waxes. If not, then just go to your local boardshop and you can buy a huge brick of universal wax for about 15-20 bucks.....it will last you forever. The temperature range is between 0 celsius and -10 and your iron doesn't have to be any warmer than 130 degrees farenheit.

Second detuning your edges. I'm not a rail/jib rider but one thing i do know is that you should not sharpen your edges if you want to do these things. Dull them as much as possible. Also changing the actual base/side bevel angle can help you as well...but don't get into until you're absolutely sure you're a true rail/jib rider. Hope this helps. If you have anymore q's let me know.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Not sure on those boots but I had a issue with my ride bindings when I switched to Burton Ozones. Do those boots have shrinkage tech? If the do you might have to go a size down on your bindings. Other wise looks to me like you just need to adjust the ankle strap to hit the center of the boot. Ride bindings have a ton of little adjustments. So look at all the screws on the side where the ankle strap is connected to the bindings all those screws can be adjusted to make a better fit.

Edit: Should just be the adjustments causing you problems. Your boot should fit fine in them. Just a little side note. Ride bindings have a ton of little adjustments spots so all the screws that are on there are part of the adjustments. Ride bindings take a good amount of time to get set right for your boot but the time is worth it.

www.facebook.com/Gillyssnowboardshop

Last edited by B.Gilly; 04-20-2009 at 05:10 PM. Reason: just looked up info on the boots and binding
B.Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
con3593

Honestly, I really think this boot problem is getting a bit over-hyped. If they feel comfortable I wouldn't worry about it. Strap in and just start rocking edge to edge. If you are getting good response and it's still comfortable, you are fine.