Never Summer SL Breckenbridge - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Never Summer SL Breckenbridge

So... I ended up scoring this board brand new for a really good price.

This is my first Never Summer board and I was actually looking for either a SL, Snowtrooper, or Proto HD.

The "normal" SL was all white (the very last year), and this is obviously different and rather BEAUTIFUL! So much so that I don't even want to take this onto the mountain and scrap it up.

Few questions:

1) Graphics aside, this is still a SL, right?
2) What's the story behind the "Breckenbridge" edition? (I just want a bit of history behind my board)

Thanks!
say chi sin lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Never Summer Snowboard Collaboration

Sounds like a standard SL with a different graphic. Ride the shit out of it!
Old 11-18-2014, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Interesting...I was able to find this on the Never Summer site: Never Summer x Breckenridge Brewery | Never Summer Industries - Snowboards, Longboards, Clothing and Accessories

The Breckenridge Brewery and Never Summer collaboration has been in the works for the past couple months. In July Breckenridge Brewery asked 10 local artist to come up with a top sheet design. After a round of online voting and a showing, judges decided that John Vogl’s wildlife inspired board would go into production.

On August 29th we began the process of transforming the art into a snowboard. We are doing a limited run of 250 art boards on our SL and Legacy models. In November these boards and our Beer, Imperial Express, will be making their way across the country to celebrate ski/snowboard season opening day.

On November 8th we will be starting off “Opening Day” with a parking lot party at Punch Bowl Social. Throughout the evening there will be activities, giveaways and beer tastings. We will also be premiering our snowboard video “Slap Happy”, it’s going to be a great way to kick off snowboard season. We will see you down there!

DevilWithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Never Summer Snowboard Collaboration

Sounds like a standard SL with a different graphic. Ride the shit out of it!
I will! Considering I got a brand new board for just $300. But then again, it's soooooo pretty, I almost don't want to ride it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilWithin View Post

On August 29th we began the process of transforming the art into a snowboard. We are doing a limited run of 250 art boards on our SL and Legacy models.
So.... I've got 1 of the 250 limited production?!... Makes me NOT want to ride this board even more...

I'll take some pictures of it later tonight.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by say chi sin lo View Post
So.... I've got 1 of the 250 limited production?!... Makes me NOT want to ride this board even more...
Ride it. Very, very, VERY few snowboards go on to have any type of real collector value.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Rooster King

beer boards are for sure not worth any more than the original deck they're re-graphic-ing. on the used market they're usually worth less or in general less people will be interested in buying it.

Pyramid, Widmer, i think Deschutes Brewery, probably Full Sail... were all common beer boards back in the day.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Ride it. Very, very, VERY few snowboards go on to have any type of real collector value.
Yup. Unless you got money to burn that thing will only be valuable to you.

Carpet board the shit out of that thing and then ride it for real.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
beer boards are for sure not worth any more than the original deck they're re-graphic-ing. on the used market they're usually worth less or in general less people will be interested in buying it.

Pyramid, Widmer, i think Deschutes Brewery, probably Full Sail... were all common beer boards back in the day.
I'm go around and tell people my board is already drunk. Haha.

And yes, I will be riding it for sure. I can't wait for the first snow to hit Tahoe!