burton name dropper 155??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2014, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default burton name dropper 155???

hi guys i'm new here ! great forum Well ill go into the subject i'm 6f4 almost 200lbs i would like to get a park dedicated board i could use in the small mountain near my home. I spotted a burton namedropper 2014 on ebay its a 155 and rated to 175lbs on burton site. I'm interested in the board cause i have a set of custom est bindings catching dust, it have a good price and free shipping in canada wich is pretty rare on ebay. Question is will it handle the overweigh? Already broken a 2012 custom camber 162 and a 2012 sherlock 163 those were 2 awesome board but only lasted 1season each. Will a jibboard be more durable than those 2 board? Will take advice and buy something else but dont want to get over 300-350$ with the shipping for the board.
qc89sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2014, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

I can't comment on the durability of that board but I think it will be undersized for you, even if just a jib board. That's just from a riding stand point and not longevity. Just my opinion though....
2hellnbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Theoretically yes, for two reasons.

A friend who used to compete in pipe and rode for Volkl used to ride their jib deck as his pipe deck cause he was snapping everything else. It is in fact easier to break a stiffer board because it's break point between elasticity and plasticity comes a lot sooner than with a softer board. The other is that the Name Dropper specifically is made with Filet'O'Flex. So the wood core is much thinner and the composite layers are closer together. That too increases the amount of bend the board can take before it will snap.

All that said, the board is just too soft and small for you. If you're really snapping boards that often and want something softer and parky, get a K2 Fastplant 157. It'll be a tough task to snap one of those.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default found a 158

found a 158 at 300$ on a canadian site thanks to this forum and the canadian site retailer post also found some jibstick but they are shorter if i ride normally 160-163 a 158 should be a perfect jib board no? Isnt the K2 fastplant an all mountain board?

Last edited by qc89sc; 11-19-2014 at 06:35 PM.
qc89sc is offline   Reply With Quote