Needed: snowboard + bindings recommendation for medium level freerider
I would like to get a recommendation for a snowboard and bindings. The givens:
- I'm a medium level freerider. Not into snowpark stuff.
- I'm 34, and if I'm lucky I'll have a week in the snow a year. I will probably not become and expert. At most - experienced.
- I'm 6", 165 lb. and my shoe size is 13. Will need a wide board.
- I prefer easy control over performance. Don't mind having a board a bit shorter than the optimal, in order to be able to turn faster.
- The snowboard should not have any unique proprietary stuff such as Burton's EST or Flow bindings. If that stuff breaks on the mountain, you might have a hard time finding someone how can fix them.
- Well-known international manufacturers are better than small American ones. It will make it easier to sell should I decide to upgrade (I'm not American).
- The price of the snowboard + bindings should be around 250-350$. I will probably make the purchase online (I'll be in the States next month). My price reference is Sierra, Evo etc.
This is going to be the first snowboard I purchase, and I'd love to get some recommendations. Will appreciate any recommendations regarding a snowboard + binding combination, which is a bit harder than just looking at snowboards alone.