Stance setup - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Stance setup

alright ive been looking around the forum but i couldnt really find anything about this so i thought id ask. on my board it says the stance is set an inch back but i have it set up centered on the board. ive been riding it like that for awhile and it seems fine but my question is would it be better to have it set an inch back like its suppose to. like is there any benefits to having it setback or centered? thanks
Frstimeboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hey, I'm not an expert, not even close to being a high intermediate boarder but what I have learned this year is that stance changes can vastly
improve or worsen your feel on the board and ability to control it. It took me several attempts to find the sweet spot stance on my Custom X 158
but once I did I felt more comfortable and agile. Just take photos of your current stance and mark down your binding degrees front and back and
measure the width between the bindings as well. This way you can go back to your original position if the one you try doesn't work.

But [I]should[I] you try it is up to you. Check out this site: How to buy a snowboard -- SnowProfessor.com

It's really cheesy but has good info for beginners like me.
FacePlanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Stance is greatly affected by the smallest movement so just be patient because it might take awhile to find the perfect set up. Having your stance centered or moved back really depends on your riding style. A centered stance is good if your gonna ride park and need to ride switch because an equal length from the nose and tail makes riding switch much easier. On the other hand, having it setback is good if you want to freeride because it gives you more control over your board in all conditions. On the other hand if u ride a lot of powder u want to move the bindings back even further so that u can float and your nose won't dip.
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
djay_1802

the only thing to really do is move your bindings around and see what feels good, and like said above, if your in deep powder thats really when your goin to want to set those bindings toward the tail, boards are offset also so that the screw holes will be an inch or two toward the tail. start on center, go from there