Lace Up vs. BOA Systems - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 06:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
My Burton Rulers with their Speed Lacing work great, maybe not as easy to change as BOA but it works.
A buddy actually has problems with his K2 boa boots, maybe they are just getting old but if he falls or gets stuck in some deep pow and has to wiggle around hes had his BOA disengage and loosen his boot on him. Granted hes only mentioned it happening once but it did suck for him lol..
How do you get them tight? Either I'm weak or they just won't fit snug on her foot.
Rome Anthem 158
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2009, 06:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Laces are for people that like sloppy fitting boots.
lol.. BOA's are for people who wear velcro shoes.

jardo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

... BOA are for people who want consistent pressure across the entire boot, rather than what laces offer.
Rome Anthem 158
Old 04-17-2009, 06:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
OMG a friend of a friend of a friends gay transexual lover had an issue. Sit down and shut the fuck up and only talk on something you have first rate knowledge. God kids these days.
Hey if people are supposed to only have first hand experience on something, wouldn't that make your reviews site.. I don't know... pointless and obsolete?

Then again, I guess you get free shit out of the deal by telling people who don't know how to think for themselves what to think. Good on you for workin' the system.

Last edited by jardo56; 04-17-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well personally for my boot i put in some Orange Superfeet i bought at REI for 25-30 bucks. They helped out a ton.
But as for tightening it im not sure what to say its not that difficult, although doing it from certain positions is easier to get tighter. I found either sitting down with your legs out(like your on the mountain sitting with your board downhill) you can get a good amount of leverage to pull them tight.
One thing i wouldnt do is put your foot up on your bumper or something and try tightening them, usually the strings too long(atleast on my boot) that you cant get a good pull on it.

Look at getting superfeet for them maybe? You can probably take her boots into a store like REI and try the superfeet in the boots. You will probably be greatly disappointed in the quality of insoles in most stock boots, i was with my new Burton Rulers...its basically just some paper...not cushy or supportive at all.

Using these helps raise the heel up into the heel gripper better for some people, and for me because they are taller and take up more bootspace they raise my feet up in the boot more making tightening much easier as well as by pinning my foot more against the top of the boot i dont have as much leverage with my toe area to wiggle my heel.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
... BOA are for people who want consistent pressure across the entire boot, rather than what laces offer.

Gotta tell yeah. Tried the BOA thing, and well.. didn't friggin like em. If you can't tighten laces consistently then I just don't know how you can get up in the morning.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jardo56 View Post
Gotta tell yeah. Tried the BOA thing, and well.. didn't friggin like em. If you can't tighten laces consistently then I just don't know how you can get up in the morning.
They are a little harder to work than normal laces. I can understand how some people might be befuddled by wires and ratchet wheels. I'm sure you're not alone. Don't feel bad about it.
Rome Anthem 158
Old 04-17-2009, 06:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
They are a little harder to work than normal laces. I can understand how some people might be befuddled by wires and ratchet wheels. I'm sure you're not alone. Don't feel bad about it.
Actually my liner has a BOA similiar system, so the vast network of 1 wire doesn't confuse me much at all.

Here's a little something for you BOA users incase you forgot how:

How to Tie Shoelaces | eHow.com

Last edited by jardo56; 04-17-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Good comparison. Spot on. You should definitely stick with laces.

EDIT: And just some advice. At ~50 posts, you haven't earned the right to be a dick to people on here yet. Keep it up and your stay will be a short one.
Rome Anthem 158
Old 04-17-2009, 06:54 PM   #20 (permalink)

I've been using the cheapest of the cheap, aka the Burton Motos for two seasons now and I'm totally happy. Haven't loosened up on me at all and have overall been workin great. I think Burton's speed lacing system is terrific, I'm in and out quicker than ever and they're lighter than my other boots. And if I need to make adjustments on the mountain its easy because I don't even need to take off my gloves, just a quick pull forward, up, lock, and I'm done.

On the flipside, I know some jackasses who've cut the cables in the lower zone with the edge of the board (by resting their board on their boot when on lift) and subsequently had to tape their motos and now claim that the boots suck...But I think thats them just being retarded..Also heard of people trying to tighten while its in the locked position so duh, its going to break.

I think if you take minimal maintance of the Motos they will hold up pretty well and the speed lacing will rid the annoyance of tieing laces.
Enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote