Lace Up vs. BOA Systems - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jardo56 View Post
Here's a little something for you BOA users incase you forgot how:

How to Tie Shoelaces | eHow.com
Sissy fight!!!!

I like Boa's. I like being able to reach down and adjust my boots in 10 seconds with my gloves on and snowpants over the boot. I went out and got me two pairs, Status and Cirros.

Heresay reviews are useless. You're not your friend.

Focus Boa can't be beat with the double zones. I've never had a dual boa.

And those cables are fucking TOUGH, I've never had one break. They last longer than regular laces.

EDIT: The Cirros are midflex, the Status is the stiffest boot I've ever worn, it's practically a ski boot.

Last edited by MunkySpunk; 04-17-2009 at 06:02 PM.
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
Good comparison. Spot on. You should definitely stick with laces.

EDIT: And just some advice. At ~50 posts, you haven't earned the right to be a dick to people on here yet. Keep it up and your stay will be a short one.
At 2,770 posts you haven't earned the right to be a dick to anyone. Grow up.
jardo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I like BOAs specifically because I like the top of my boot tighter than the bottom and you can't do that with laces. I rode my DK IVs for years and never realized what I was missing.

As for the speed lace thing, maybe we just haven't found a good angle to tighten them, I don't know.

If they work for you then I'm sure it isn't the boot's fault. Not that it matters. We paid next to nothing for the things so there's no complaining allowed.

Quote:
At 2,770 posts you haven't earned the right to be a dick to anyone. Grow up.
This coming from the douche who blanket insults half the snowboarding forum by saying they are retarded if they don't use laces. Keep it up.
Rome Anthem 158
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:00 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
I like Boa's. I like being able to reach down and adjust my boots in 10 seconds with my gloves on and snowpants over the boot. I went out and got me two pairs, Status and Cirros.
This is something that has crossed my mind. And yea, putting your boots on in <10 seconds would be nice.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
This coming from the douche who blanket insults half the snowboarding forum by saying they are retarded if they don't use laces. Keep it up.
Take it how you wish, man. It was a joke directed at no one in particular. Nothing personal. You are the one making things personal. Keep it up! Looks good on you.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
I didn't know you had Cirros. How do you like them? Mine took some time to break in, but now they are the best boot I've used. They work well for all mountain deep snow, but also have enough flex to work on jumps. And the BOA system is top notch.

Quote:
Take it how you wish, man. It was a joke directed at no one in particular. Nothing personal. You are the one making things personal. Keep it up! Looks good on you.
It didn't seem like a joke at all. But who knows, it's hard to tell over the forum and not in person. Want to call bygones bygones and stop slap-fighting? I'm all for it.

Rome Anthem 158
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:07 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
It didn't seem like a joke at all. But who knows, it's hard to tell over the forum and not in person. Want to call bygones bygones and stop slap-fighting? I'm all for it.
lol I'm down.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:11 PM   #28 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Attached Images
File Type: jpg getoffmyinternet.jpg (25.1 KB, 66 views)
Old 04-17-2009, 06:16 PM   #29 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I didn't know you had Cirros. How do you like them? Mine took some time to break in, but now they are the best boot I've used. They work well for all mountain deep snow, but also have enough flex to work on jumps. And the BOA system is top notch.
I started with size 14, my street shoe size, but moved down to 13's that I originally got for my brother on Ebay for $60 shipped. The 14's never fit right, but all my problems were solved the moment I went to a size 13.

I can and have boarded for 8 hours in the Cirros tightened up and not bat an eye.. nice and comfy.

The 14's are essentially new, I got them for %50 off b/c they were the last ones in stock at Daddie's. Like all my old equipment I just throw it in storage and sell it off mid-November for more than I'd ever get at the end of a season.

I'm also a 13 in the DC Status. I tried the DC Allegiance via Brociety, but size 13 was too small in those, they aso had a narrower fit. The Allegiance is a little stiffer than the Cirros, but not by much. As I said for the Status - I've NEVER had a stiffer Snowboard boot, no contest.

EDIT: Me and the wife have ordered and returned more shit from Steep & Cheap and co. than anyone else I think. Their return policy is so cool: Returns accepted, no time limit, no questions asked.

Last edited by MunkySpunk; 04-17-2009 at 06:23 PM. Reason: They're --> Their
Old 04-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #30 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Never tried boas yet myself but I like my speed laced Ozones. Love the ability to tighten the lower and upper portion of the boot to my comfort fit. With lacing you just can not get that much customization.

The only thing that worries me about the speed lace is the fact that the lacing looks very easy to break (which I have seen someones pair that the lacing snapped). If I could find some Boas that fit and feel like my Ozones then I would probably at least buy a pair to try. Still have my lace up as a spare but will never buy another pair of lace up again. Course the local shops around here are crap and I cringe every time I walk into them so most likely will stick with my speed laces till they are worn out.

www.facebook.com/Gillyssnowboardshop
B.Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote