Lace Up vs. BOA Systems - Page 6 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 07:30 AM   #51 (permalink)

The Boa system looks pretty easy to use. I have the speed lace system in my boots. I hade traditional lacing in my cheapo K2 Ranges boots but they only lasted a few days and I picked up the Ride Haze. I will never buy regular lace up boots again. Boa will be next but my boots are comfy so it will wait a bit
milner_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #52 (permalink)
GoofyRider

I was looking at BOAs when I was buying my first boots. I just kind of ignored them though because they just kinda of seemed like a joke to me, but after reading this thread I kind of feel ignorant for not looking into them. Are they really that good, because I can never really tie my lace ups too tight, it might be they are a tad to big (which they are) but im not sure. one thing though is I very very rarely see them on the hill, and when I do its eight year olds wearing them. Are they very common where you all board?
Old 04-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #53 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I see maybe 1/4 of the people on Hood in BOAs.

I was skeptical at first, which is why I had not made the jump and bought the Vans Cirros I had my eye on. But then my mother got them for me as a Christmas gift and I had no choice but to try them. Fell in love very quickly.
Rome Anthem 158
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #54 (permalink)
GoofyRider

really! that is a lot. I have only seen them a couple times at C.O.P, I dont know they seem a bit like velcro shoes to me thats all.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #55 (permalink)
Veteran Member

BOA is still a newer technology..

I still see a ton of people in gear from 2002, boots included which kinda scares me but more power to them i guess..even after 2 years of riding my boots are crap compared to what they were when i bought them...
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #56 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyRider View Post
really! that is a lot. I have only seen them a couple times at C.O.P, I dont know they seem a bit like velcro shoes to me thats all.
People who think they are for convenience only shouldn't bother with them. The reason they exist is because they offer a system of lacing that will provide a more consistent pressure over the boot unlike laces which cause pressure points. In addition, they will not loosen like laces will.

I don't know where the notion came from that all they do it make getting into boots faster. They serve other purposes.
Rome Anthem 158
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:21 AM   #57 (permalink)
untchabl

Personally, I have laces. Nothing wrong with BOA however when I went and tried on lots of different boots, the Forum Recon's fit me the best and were the most comfortable to me. None of the BOA style boots I tried on felt quite right, nothing to do with laces or no laces, just down right comfort.