Park Size suggestions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Park Size suggestions

Well I'm looking to get a new park stick for next year, Basically it'll be a pure park board mainly for jibs,butters,rollers and smaller kickers, in essence just dorking around, bonking random objects and small children. The smallest size I've ridden for park has been 152, and I'm looking to go smaller. I'm almost certain a 150 would be fine but the board I'm considering for next year is the Artifact 1985, in a size 147. I'm 5'10 and roughly around 145-150 in weight with a size 9.5boot. I'm hoping for an opinion on people who ride the park, do you think the 147 will be to small for the type of riding I'm looking to do with it?.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2009, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yeah, I'd say a 147 would be a little to small for u, even if it is only for the park. I would sugesst u go with the 150 as the smallest. A 147 would be to flexible with your weight and u probably wouldn't hold up very well at higher speeds and landings.
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
con3593

I second that Tech. You would be going too small with the 147..hell, you are pushing it with a 150 IMO
Old 04-18-2009, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Really so you think a 150 on the artifact 1985 is pushing it at my stats?. What would you more recommend for size?. I was thinking since it's not going to be for larger kickers and mainly just jibbing,buttering and a lot of flatland stuff not really requiring a ton of speed or big landings that I could get away with downsizing.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
Really so you think a 150 on the artifact 1985 is pushing it at my stats?. What would you more recommend for size?. I was thinking since it's not going to be for larger kickers and mainly just jibbing,buttering and a lot of flatland stuff not really requiring a ton of speed or big landings that I could get away with downsizing.
Yeah thats why i think u can get away with a 150 fine.
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
con3593

yeah, I read the post poorly, I mean, for me, there are no little jumps or anything, so I couldn't pull that off, but if your keeping this fairly small, you should be alright
Old 04-19-2009, 01:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

the only thing negative thing i can think of for the 147(for you) is the max stance width. if you're comfortable with a 20.5 - 23.5 stance width it would be ok for strictly park, rails boxes...
return2heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah that's one of the first things I looked at was the binding widths available. I generally only ride at 23.5 anyways so it would be fine, but I think I'm gonna go with the 150 anyways. I had a feeling 147 may be to small but I was more than curious to know how small I could possibly go. The only other size I could pick for the board would be 153 and I don't really want to go that large, so thanks again guys for your suggestions and opinions .