Question on Skate Banana - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
miamisnowrider

Default Question on Skate Banana

I'm looking to get a 2009 Skate Banana. I currently ride a 156 Jamie Lynn. I'm looking to get either a 152 or 156 Skate Banana. I'm 5-9 185lbs with a 10.5 boot. A buddy of mine rides a 152 board and is a bit taller than me with same size boot. I've also been told that the Skate Banana rides a little bigger than it's size. I ride some park but mostly freestyle. Anyone have any advice on which size I should get? I live in Miami and can't demo anything until next season for obvious reasons. Thanks.

Last edited by miamisnowrider; 04-18-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2009, 09:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
con3593

You most likely won't be able to find one, but as I recently found out, you are supposed to buy your board about 3 cm shorter than your normal board
Old 04-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
miamisnowrider

Thanks. Yeah they're hard to find but a friend has a new 152 and he, as well as others I've talked to said they ride bigger than their size. Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

I recently did some research on this so i can help out. Im going to be buying the 2010 skate banana in september-october. I was looking into buying the 09 bananan earlier this month but i decided not to. The sites that still have it are only selling it 100$ cheaper of the original price. In my opinion if im going to spend around 300 for it and its going to be the past years model. I'd rather spend the extra 100 and get the 2010 model thats comeing out in september. If you really want the 09 version you can pick it up at Zumiez. There 1 of the only sites on the net that still has it. Im about your same size and im looking into buying it at 156. 152 is probably to small in my opinion,I wear a size 11 boot and i currently have a 159 ride agenda that my feet barely fit on. The 156 skate banana is 2cm wider then my 159 ride agenda so if im a 11 and i can barely fit on a 156 then id be cautious about buying a 152. Plus if your going to buy a smaller board you should make sure the place you buy from has a good return policy just in case you get a 152 and its to small. If i was you id just wait for the 2010 banana and buy it from sierra snowboard. they have really good customer service and they shoudlnt charge you to ship it back to them if it doesnt fit for you

Last edited by baseline6; 04-18-2009 at 10:01 PM.
baseline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
C-Bear

Hey Miami Snowrider.

If you have 10.5 feet then ur feet will fit on 152 skate banana. I'm around the same dimensions as you are and I ride a 149 GNU Street Street Series BTX...as crazy as it sounds. Keep in mind your weight and your riding style; if you're do more mountain riding, then make sure the height of your board is between your nose and your chin. If you are more park, then it should be between your chest and chin. If you do buy a banana board, take this criteria and then substract by 3cm just like con3593 said. I'm a big fan of mervin manufacturing so I hope you enjoy it. If you've never riden banana tech/mtx.....be ready for a surprise
Old 04-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

compromise and get the 154.5 gnu riders choice ... a tad stiffer than the banana ... im 6'1 220 with an 11 shoe and ride the 156 banana and the 154.5 r/c ... there are times when i feel like the 156 is a 163 .. the banana/magne boards def ride considerably smaller than what your "normal" boards do
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote