Helmet request - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Whats the coolest design on helmets?
A cool brand is important, design comes in second row. 2 40.00%
Designing my own helmet would be awesome. 2 40.00%
I dont wear a helmet. 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
skyhigh

Default Helmet request

Hi!
Does anybody have recommandations on a good quality helmet? What do you think is the best brand and why, who makes the coolest helmet, the most secure? I have heard about helmets with music, have you tried that? I would like to hear your opninions on this subject, and links would be nice as well. Thanks
Do you know a place where I can design my own helmet?
Do you use a helmet? Why/ why not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

I wear a helmet because i have been knocked unconcious before and never want to go through that again. I haven't really tried many helmets, but i have a RED trace and love it. It is plain and simple, but does the job. It's really light too, so u don't even feel it on your head.
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i really like smiths, and the new smith maze coming out is my next buy. but i am sort of waiting for some sort of spam out of this..
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have a Smith Haze. Super light and nice and warm for those cold windy days. I don't feel it on my head when I'm riding either. It was a choice between the Smith Haze and the RED Shaun White HiFi. Both were so damn comfy and so light I couldn't choose. Ultimately I chose the Haze because it was about 60 bucks cheaper.
jardo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

I used to have a cheap pro-tec helmet but I recently got a R.E.D. Hi Fi II Subwoofer helmet from brociety (I'll probably write a review on it soon so look for that in this section) and yeah I would recommend it, audio deffinitly adds a cool element.

As far as protection goes you just gotta read online about the different safety certifications, I forgot what they're called but just make sure it meets the bare minimum at least.

My favorite company personally is RED just because I like their design, style, and shape of helmets but I'm pretty sure not everyone recommends them, maybe cause they're burton affiliated... I've read that Smith makes a pretty good helmet and then you got companies like Bolle, Giro, Bern, Pro-Tec...others that I'm forgetting.

For the most part I'd say you just gotta go out to a shop and try on a buncha different helmets, find one thats not only comfortable but also cool looking because its gotta be something you'll be willing to actually use everytime you ride...I feel like from a protection standpoint, they're all pretty standard, just double check the saftey certifications as I mentioned before to be sure

As for desgining your own helmet, I haven't heard of anyhting like that, send in some emails and maybe a company will start offereing that option but as of now, your only option for a custom graphic would be to sand down your helmet, prime it, then paint that shit...

I recommend peeping brociety cause you can get some real sweet deals on that site, specially with helmets....Do not pay full price at a retail store, most helemts are overpriced.
Enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote