Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Lib Tech Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/15536-lib-tech-boards.html)

GoofyRider 04-19-2009 03:00 PM

Lib Tech Boards

Hey, just a quick question about Lib Tech boards. I know how popular the skate banana is but I was wondering if their is any difference between it and the other ones that have the banana and magnetraction tech?

crazyface 04-19-2009 05:29 PM

of course there is a difference, just like their is a difference among normal cambered boards.

burritosandsnow 04-19-2009 06:51 PM

some are freeride some freestyle some are centered some are set back etc etc Trust Mervin Manufacturing: Lib Technologies Snowboards, Gnu Snowboards, Lib Technologies Skateboards, and Bent Metal Bindings they do a pretty good job on their site at explaining what each " does"

GoofyRider 04-19-2009 07:35 PM

I was just wondering if some of the other banana tech freeride geared boards would be as good as a choice as the banana

C-Bear 04-19-2009 11:10 PM

I would say yes..make sure you know your riding style and compare it to things like flex and stancing. When you're trying out different boards with banana tech/rocker tech, be sure not to confuse rocker with flex. Rocker basically means that the board has a negative camber....so if you were to put a bit of pressure on either the tail or the nose, the board will "rock" towards the pressure point. Rocker tech works very well in the park and in powder as well, making any board with this technology much more versatile at the hill.

If you want a board that's will perform well on the mountain and in the park...I would say go with the GNU SS BTX or even the rider's choice if your looking for something a bit stiffer. I hear the K2 turbo dream is pretty decent as well.

schmitty34 04-20-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoofyRider (Post 156878)
I was just wondering if some of the other banana tech freeride geared boards would be as good as a choice as the banana

Yea dude, it really depends on what you want the board for. skate banana is popular for the park and because it was one of the first (maybe the first) board with rocker. Now Lib/GNU and several other brands have the rocker so there is a ton more to choose from. Just depends on what you are looking for...twin/directional, soft/stiff, etc.

You also may not even want banana tech depending on your riding style....however, the BTX seems to be pretty good for most stuff.

ghostovan 04-21-2009 05:33 AM

Looking for some info about all-mt/freestyle Lib Tech boards..
*Honestly to say - i have no deep knowledge about Lib Tech products and techs at all (I only know – they are good and gave us banana and magne-traction=)*

So can you plz push me to one that comparable with Never Summer SL-R (going for it at new season)? I mean made (and used) for same purpose – all-mt riding with some jumps, may be basic tricks etc (+a little park lurking, no rails).

TRS BTX - is what i've got by myself. Smth else? (And what will you choose vs NS SL-R)

squishydonut 04-21-2009 05:53 AM

if i was gonna go with just one banana board, i'd probably pick something stiffer than the skate banana. cool board and all, maybe something more medium flex.

RidePowder 04-21-2009 10:21 AM

yea Id gravitate towards a TRS, because its an awesome middle-stiff board with BTX, pricey but worth it. your looking to drop $550 on the deck

gregmondro 04-21-2009 04:55 PM

Broceity had a TRS MTX up today. Keep a lookout :)