Another New Boarder Thread - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 02:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Persichetti

Question Another New Boarder Thread

Hey guys, thanks for being here, and willing to answer my questions.

I'm friends with traynor2501 and looking into starting to snowboard, however he's suggested that I get multiple opinions. I've rented a couple of times but they were crap snowboards.

I'm 5'11" I weigh between 195-200lbs and have size 11 (for boots).

Right now I am looking at a ride control 162cm, with the ride ex bindings. Is this a good combination for All-Mountain/Learning. Also I like to lean towards a more freestyle/"jibbing" I guess its called. Will this work?

I bought some Ride Io's here in Korea not sure if they're real rides but they're comfortable. The only problem is that when I look at most binding their sizes range from 8-11 or 11-15 Large and X-Large. Can I get away with buying the Larges? Or should I grab some X-Larges just in case?

I know this is a lot of questions, thanks Sally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2007, 02:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Traynor2501

He forgot to mention that his price range is no more then $400 dollars cause well he's poor, lol. His boots look like real rides which just means that I can't tell by the way they are made, or look. I don't remember seeing an Io on the website but my memory is shot anyways so it don't matter.

The 162cm Control I think should be pretty good for his size and height.

Then Ride Ex's for size I have no knowledge about cause i wear 10-10.5 so I always just get the 8-11 standard size most brands use.

He can also get some Flow Flite 1s for same price as the Ride's how do those compare to the ex's?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm pretty sure the IO's are just a model from a couple of years back...not 100% on that though The control and ex's will be an excellent starter setup that should allow you to progress for the first couple of season's. After that you may be a bit limited by that deck but ride it until you feel that way or can afford another one. I have a friend who is one of the best snowboarders I've ever ridden with and he's broke ass also. I honestly don't think he's ever bought any snowboarding equipment new, in fact right now he's riding one of our friends Burton custom decks from like 99 and killing it so whatever. Just get on the mountain and enjoy yourself
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Get the XL's. Your boot size is right at the limit of the larges. If your boot has some extra bulk compared to what they designed them for, you could have a problem. Or bring one of your boots into the shop and see how they fit in the two sizes. Being that your bindings are comfortable, and if you like them, just stick with 'em.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
st.stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traynor2501
He forgot to mention that his price range is no more then $400 dollars cause well he's poor, lol. His boots look like real rides which just means that I can't tell by the way they are made, or look. I don't remember seeing an Io on the website but my memory is shot anyways so it don't matter.

The 162cm Control I think should be pretty good for his size and height.

Then Ride Ex's for size I have no knowledge about cause i wear 10-10.5 so I always just get the 8-11 standard size most brands use.

He can also get some Flow Flite 1s for same price as the Ride's how do those compare to the ex's?
Does that make me poor too? $400 should be plenty for a decent setup. Make sure he has tried the flow system before you buy!! Some people like it and others don't!!!