288cm - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2014, 01:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 288cm

So I measured my foot from the back of the heel to the tip of the toe and found my foot to be 11 3/8" long which is 11.357" x 25.4 gives me 288.47 cm. I am looking to buy a Never Summer Snow Trooper X 164 but the waist is 266cm. Am I missing something or is this board too small for my foot? I think its standard that 1/2" of boot overhang on both sides is ok but those measurements were just my bare foot. Really want this board so someone please tell me I am an idiot and everything is fine.

Whoops.........major edit. What I was meaning to say was MILLIMETERS. Duh.....sorry. Still haven't grasped the whole metric thing but trying.

Last edited by Glidinhigh; 11-27-2014 at 01:15 AM. Reason: stupidity
Glidinhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2014, 01:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Centimeters aren't the same as millimeters. If your foot was 288cm, it'd be over 9 feet long.

What size boots do you wear? You're going to have some overhang. Your bindings are going to put your boots a good bit off the board, plus your bindings are going to likely be angles. My bare foot is longer than the width of every board I own and I don't have any drag issues with any of them.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Did you call guiness to get in the world record book for biggest feet in the world?
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 01:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
Did you call guiness to get in the world record book for biggest feet in the world?

LOL..............yeah.....I caught that and edited my brilliance right after words. Never claimed to be a mathalete. Hahaha.

I wear a size 13 boot. Starting to wonder if the overhang will be too much to deal with. Sucks cause I was ready to order this board.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glidinhigh View Post
So I measured my foot from the back of the heel to the tip of the toe and found my foot to be 11 3/8" long which is 11.357" x 25.4 gives me 288.47 cm. I am looking to buy a Never Summer Snow Trooper X 164 but the waist is 266cm. Am I missing something or is this board too small for my foot? I think its standard that 1/2" of boot overhang on both sides is ok but those measurements were just my bare foot. Really want this board so someone please tell me I am an idiot and everything is fine.

Whoops.........major edit. What I was meaning to say was MILLIMETERS. Duh.....sorry. Still haven't grasped the whole metric thing but trying.
You're an idiot andeverything is fine ... no, really.

davidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 02:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidj View Post
You're an idiot andeverything is fine ... no, really.

Thankyou!!! That's just what I wanted to hear.....or...uuuhh...read!
Old 11-27-2014, 02:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

That board should definitely not be to narrow. 266 mm is a wide-ass board. If you measure it over the inserts it'll probably be somewhere 280 and 285 mm and in that case everything should be fine.

Metric system too logical for ya?
Weight: 82-85 kg (180-185 lbs.)
Height: 187 cm (6’2”)
Anticrobotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

Your bindings raise your boots above the board which will help to keep the overhang from dragging in the pow!

My board has a waist width of 261, I have size 12 boots and have no issues.
Clevocapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glidinhigh View Post

Hah! This is where metric comes in handy. For conversion 11.357 x 2.54 is 28.85 cm (or 288.47 mm).

The NS Stormtrooper X is 27.8 cm at the center inserts.

This is likely overly wide for your feet (depending on stance width and angle). You can certainly ride the normal width Stormtrooper 162 (26.8 at center inserts) and will have a better fit (under the assumptions that you will ride near the mid inserts and that you have a stance angle over near or over 10 degrees).

Please post up your weight, actual stance width and angles so we can confirm.

Great board and STOKED!

Last edited by Wiredsport; 11-27-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Wiredsport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hah! This is where metric comes in handy. For conversion 11.357 x 2.54 is 28.85 cm (or 288.47 mm).

The NS Stormtrooper X is 27.8 cm at the center inserts.

This is likely overly wide for your feet (depending on stance width and angle). You can certainly ride the normal width Stormtrooper 162 (26.8 at center inserts) and will have a better fit (under the assumptions that you will ride near the mid inserts and that you have a stance angle over near or over 10 degrees).

Please post up your weight, actual stance width and angles so we can confirm.

Great board and STOKED!

6'4" 225#

Not sure exact stance width. Have always rented boards in the past and just went with the way they were set. The rentals have always been wide boards so Im not sure a regular would do. Afterall I wear a size 13 boot. I guess anything is possible and Its clear I have a lot to learn in this area but something tells me I am destined for a wide for the rest of my life. (Unless I shrink)