New Boots Recommendations. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Boots Recommendations.

I was wondering what boots would you guys recommend for me. I'm a beginner snowboarder who rides all mountain and maybe later I will do a little freestyle. Some people told me to go with the Hail and others told me to look at the Motos and Rider.
What would you recommend? A stiffer boot or medium flex boot?
tomek142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2009, 07:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would recommend a medium flex boot and can personally say that the motos are great. I've worn them since i started 5 years ago and they have held up and are very versitale. The most important thing about boots is to take your time, go to a store, and try them on.
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
con3593

I second the recommendation for the medium flex boot, but I wouldn't shop strictly by brand or model, seeing as all boots are cut different. Your best bet if possible is to go to your local board shop and try on some boots, and go for whatever pair fits best...NEVER skimp on boots..
Old 04-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

OK. So go with a medium flex? Nothing too stiff? Why?
Old 04-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomek142 View Post
OK. So go with a medium flex? Nothing too stiff? Why?
Yeah, a stiff boot is very hard to get used to especially when first learning and it's not very versitale. Trust me, a medium flex boot will give you better board control in all situations and make your riding fun when u get better.
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
con3593

Also, it lowers the chance of injury in certain types of falls. For example, when i was learning, I got my nose caught in the snow, and fell forward, while the board was planted. If the boot was stiff, it would not have bent, and I would have sustained a potentially bad injury. Since I had a boot that was fairly flexible, it bent, and prevented me from any serious injury.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Most important thing is to try the boot on for yourself. Everyone has differently shaped feet, so what's good for one person won't necessarily fit another.
markee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technine Icon View Post
Yeah, a stiff boot is very hard to get used to especially when first learning and it's not very versitale. Trust me, a medium flex boot will give you better board control in all situations and make your riding fun when u get better.
So a Burton Sabbath or Ruler would be a good choice then? The Sabbath have a support of 7 and Ruler a 6. People have recommended me the Hail but I think (I may be wrong) they are a little more for freestyle oriented.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Look, go to the shop and try some on. No one on here can acurately tell you which exact pair of boots suit you.

You've already been told on another snowboard addict forum that you need to go and try boots on. Suck it up son, your off to the shops!

(this reply has been modified and posted in another forum)
fattrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattrav View Post
Look, go to the shop and try some on. No one on here can acurately tell you which exact pair of boots suit you.

You've already been told on another snowboard addict forum that you need to go and try boots on. Suck it up son, your off to the shops!

(this reply has been modified and posted in another forum)
LOL. Yea you got me. I did post it another forum. It's that different people tell me different flexes to go with. One tells me go with medium and another tell go with stiffer. I just get confused. I should have asked which boot flex is more appropriate for me. Now I was told that a stiffer boot is better for all mountain, so I was just wondering if people know any good stiff boos to check out.