intermediate - advanced boards? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default intermediate - advanced boards?

I was wondering what the difference between an intermediate - advanced board compared to a beginner - intermediate? I am looking to get a new board but the one I have my eye on is intermediate - advanced. I do not want to get anything to hard to handle but I know I want something better then the board I have now which is a Morrow. I have been riding basicly 1-2 times per week since January and have taken 3 lessons. I found the Never Summer infinity with the rocker in my size.
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

if your riding 1-2 times a week for 3 months you should easily be in the intermediate range imo and the NS will be fine for ya. typically a more advanced board will be stiffer, longer, and a more intense side cut but each one is different.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

I am going to go check it out instore, I am very excited. I am going on Sunday, I wonder if I can fit Saturday in also...
Old 04-21-2009, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

a great board that is women's specific is the rome blue. i started in december, rented a couple of beginner boards, a burton feelgood, and i bought the rome when i was definitely still a beginner. i've been boarding 3/4 days out of every 2 weeks so i've stepped up my game. when i first got the board i had the same thought as you, but if you can handle an intermediate/advanced board, it will just make you a better rider. just attack it. you'll be fine.

the rome blue is a great board. not too stiff, it's responsive and it holds an edge like nobody's business. highly recommend it. it's a perfect intermediate - advanced all mountain board.
dharmashred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
kMc

Youll be fine. I have it and rode it since probably week 3, so I basically learned and progressed on it, still ride it and love it. but now my season is over

^^^the rome blue is actually a pretty stiff women's freeride board,so i would say thats probably not the best choice for you. the infinity-r is much more geared to all mountain, and the rocker is actually a bit more forgiving when it comes to edge catches.

Last edited by kMc; 04-21-2009 at 03:55 PM.
kMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yea if you can get an Infinity-R in the proper size, which can be very hard right now as they sold out everywhere, get it!
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Score, I got my 147 infinity-R!! My other board was a morrow 149 which was crap and to big! I cannot wait until Sunday!!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

I just figured I would update. We went out on Sunday, had a blast. I love this board. It responds so quick and feels very stable going fast. At first I was a little scared since it seemed faster but by the end of the day, I really got the feel of it. It turns on a dime, did everything I asked it to do and I feel I can really tweek what skills I do have.